Any one know of a case that fits the extended battery?

thehogsters

Reaction score
I know there is a thread about cases already but lots must be looking for extended cases only.

I have been looking on ebay for hours. All the hard cases either state that they will not fit or states nothing.:angry:

Last edited:
OP
T

thehogsters

Reaction score
I’m not shore but it's a noticeable difference while holding the phone.

veetvoojagig

Reaction score
My trick with my DX2 was to leave the battery door off when I had the hard case on. The case (at least for the DX2) kept the battery as firmly in place as the regular battery door.

marknichelson

Reaction score
It should fit in most cases since it doesn't add much thickness. The guy at the Verizon store even stuck one with the extended battery in an Otterbox Defender and it fit fine.

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I just got two extended batteries. One is charging in the standalone (which comes with another std battery, which is nice) and the other is still in the package.

I noticed that when you unplug the cord, the phone shifts in the case, showing it isn't all that snug...there should be plenty of room for the ext battery.

Like people have said above: My Defender worked fine with the X's extended battery.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup, I bought the extended battery and the Otterbox today and it's a perfect fit :)

Manofthehr

Reaction score
Is the otterbox the only case that works with the extended battery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

msheldon

Reaction score
Any of the TPU cases should fit. I have the Diztronic, and my wife has a Qubits case. Both fit with the extended battery.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
the extended battery fits just fine in the Otterbox Defender version, tried it myself as well... considering that the inner shell of the defender layers is hard plastic, I was really surprised. That is why I also think, that the Commuter version of the Otterbox will be fine as well, has a soft inner shell.

big al

Reaction score
it would be helpful is links to items were posted..just a thought

ccolston

Reaction score
I bought one of the standard silicone cases at the verizon store when I purchased the Nexus. I picked up the extended battery last night and you can hardly notice a difference. My case still fits fine. I think you will be fine with any case.

1quickv6

Reaction score

acura_speed

Reaction score
Any of the TPU cases should fit. I have the Diztronic, and my wife has a Qubits case. Both fit with the extended battery.

Anychance you can link to which Qubits case your wife is using? Is it this one?

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS BLACK TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics
I want to order this one, but one reviewer noted that it seemed like it was made for the GSM version of the GN and didn't fit perfectly. I would expect this to be even more so with the extended battery. Thanks in advance!