Any one know of a case that fits the extended battery?

sb1831

Reaction score
My other case came in today. The Casemate POP case in white and I must say, it's a very good case! Fits the extended battery w/cover perfectly!

The case is solid hard plastic with rubber sides as you can see in the pics in gray. Fits nice and snug. Here's some pics:

Dropbox - Photos - Simplify your life

1.It appears to maybe be about the size of the Otterbox Defender. Is that an accurate guestimate?
2. Is there enough of a lip on the front of the case where you'd feel comfortable setting the phone down screen first?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
1.It appears to maybe be about the size of the Otterbox Defender. Is that an accurate guestimate?
2. Is there enough of a lip on the front of the case where you'd feel comfortable setting the phone down screen first?

I think it's probably slightly slimmer than the Defender.
Yeah, there's enough rubber cushion on the front that I'd feel comfortable laying it screen down.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
My other case came in today. The Casemate POP case in white and I must say, it's a very good case! Fits the extended battery w/cover perfectly!

The case is solid hard plastic with rubber sides as you can see in the pics in gray. Fits nice and snug. Here's some pics:

Dropbox - Photos - Simplify your life

Nice Wicked, thanks for the pics.

Is it a pretty tight fit with the extended battery and cover? Any bulging like with the Commuter and others? I've been eyeing this case for a while but wanted to hear opinions with the extended.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Nice Wicked, thanks for the pics.

Is it a pretty tight fit with the extended battery and cover? Any bulging like with the Commuter and others? I've been eyeing this case for a while but wanted to hear opinions with the extended.

It fits perfect with the ext batter and door. No bulging whatsoever. Pretty tough to take the case off once on though...

They have 'em in black aswell.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It fits perfect with the ext batter and door. No bulging whatsoever. Pretty tough to take the case off once on though...

They have 'em in black aswell.

Yeah. There's a lot of bad reviews about the USB cutout being too small for aftermarket cables. Have you had any issues with this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yeah. There's a lot of bad reviews about the USB cutout being too small for aftermarket cables. Have you had any issues with this?

Yeah, was suprised to read those reviews. No issues whatsoever with my charging port.

RonsHome

Reaction score
Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hey wicked does that one fit and slide in the holster of the Q?

Also are all the mic holes cut out?

No, it doesn't fit in the Qmadix holster I'm afraid.

And yes, all holes are properly cut out.

SG181

Reaction score
I'm using the two-piece Silicrylic case that I bought from Verizon with my extended battery. There is a slight bulge in the hard shell (only really noticeable because of the slight gap between the silicon and hard pieces on the side), and I was wondering whether I should keep using it or switch to a different case. Mainly I just want to be sure that the pressure that the case is causing because of an imperfect fit isn't risking any damage to the phone. If so, can anyone recommend a case that fits well with the extended battery? I don't really feel comfortable putting the phone in the case without the battery cover on, so I'd prefer to not have to do that.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Silicon Gel case from VZW first both the Standard and Extended batteries. I like it a lot!

[video=youtube;_I0hEZtfbZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0hEZtfbZA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

hands down the best case for extended battery phone from Verizon. Picked one up today for $18 after corp discount.

big al

Reaction score
The Incipio Feather Case fits the extended battery. Just take the battery door off and put on the case. Easy!Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I pulled the little rubber decal? out of the inside and gained my extra space that way.Also the way the case "shields" the volume rocker and power..I like that it makes the volume harder to accidently change but didnt care for it on the power button.So what I did is cut the little bridge piece out and now its more of a notch and its easy to get to.

Flandry

Reaction score
I'm currently combining two VZW cases. I have silicone gel case around the phone, which I'm then sliding into the holster from the holster/shell combo. It's a tight fit, but does work.

OP
T

thehogsters

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Cruzer Lite in smoke. I love this case. It fits both batteries fine. You do need to cut out the volume rocker but it takes all of 5min.