Can't get to recovery

tnronin

Reaction score
I've been attempting to reboot to recovery so I can clear my battery cache. I have rom manager and I have attempted to get to recovery via rom manager, power button (CM6.2) and power + x. I get the M for a long period of time then I will get the skateboarding droid logo.

At least the phone is functional though battery life has come down since some updates. I'm at a loss. I have searched but I guess my issue might be too vague.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In ROM manager flash clockwork then alternate recovery back and forth until cw flashes almost instantly.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
Ok I flashed the clockwork but I don't understand the rest of that. I still can't get to recovery. Still getting the M and then straight to skateboard droid.

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
Did some digging. I can do the spr recovery but flashing back to clockwork gets the same as before.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Did some digging. I can do the spr recovery but flashing back to clockwork gets the same as before.

Do this a few times

Sent from somewhere...

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
Two words for you.........YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad your problem has been solved!!! Here's some additional info for future reference.

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.

Also, you should know that there is a new recovery available now - RZR. It is based on SPR. I have been using it for some time now and it is terrific. It is stable and more fully functioned than either SpRecovery or Clockwork. Here’s a link to the thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html). You download the zip, put it on the root of the sdcard and then install it with Clockwork or SPR.

Wraith

Reaction score
Wow...

Been trying to get to Recovery for a week now (and hours on the forum)...this is the thread that helped.....now to get to update.....

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
I have found that I have needed to do this several times. Last w/e I thought I would try steel droid. I could not do it via ROM manager, I finally had to go into clockwork recovery and install from the sd card. (flashing back and forth) Something is going on that won't mount my SD when ROM mgr is running the show. I can't back up anything (I have to use nandroid), and I can't install updates, ROM mgr keeps telling me that CM7 is an update. Initially I tried it thinking it would be a good thing. Glad it didn't go through. I've been doing some reading and just maybe it is not ready for prime time.

As much as I wished SD worked, it just had too many kinks in it for my D1. I went back to CM6. Maybe someday I'll figure it out. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.