HELP! No recovery. NO boot loader.

h_10

Reaction score
I installed the latests sapphire. Everything was fine but my apps were not dloading and installing from the market. I had a previous titanium backup and went to batch restore of system data and apps. I think this my have fubar'ed something. I played with it for awhile and didn't like it.

I had made a recovery from CW. I read about the problems of restoring into backup using CW in Rom Manager. So I flashed CW in Rom Manager, flashed alternate recovery and then flashed CW again. Then I went to Reboot into Recovery and now my droid only boots up to the Sapphire Diamond (M logo) and doesn't do anything else.

I tried taking out the battery and holding x and power button but it won't go into recovery. So I tried to use RSD lite but when i connect a USB to power or computer, it auto boots up and gets stuck at the Sapphire (M logo). I tried loading to boot loader by connecting to my usb/computer and holding up on the dpad but it goes into loading and gets stuck at the Sapphire (M logo).

And advice??

Thanks.

OP
H

h_10

Reaction score
whew!!!!! i fixed it.

i had up on the dpad when i plugged my usb (computer) cable to my droid. it allowed me to get to the boot loader where i was able to use RDS Lite and flash SPrecovery. the phone promptly rebooted back into the sapphire diamond and got stuck. i took out the batter, re-inserted it and tried to reboot into recovery holding x.

it worked!!! i was able to flash a backup file.

that's it, CW via Rom Manager SUCKS. i'm staying away from both programs. all this trouble cause i didn't want to rename to "update.zip". after this mess, renaming to "update.zip" is easy.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
whew!!!!! i fixed it.

i had up on the dpad when i plugged my usb (computer) cable to my droid. it allowed me to get to the boot loader where i was able to use RDS Lite and flash SPrecovery. the phone promptly rebooted back into the sapphire diamond and got stuck. i took out the batter, re-inserted it and tried to reboot into recovery holding x.

it worked!!! i was able to flash a backup file.

that's it, CW via Rom Manager SUCKS. i'm staying away from both programs. all this trouble cause i didn't want to rename to "update.zip". after this mess, renaming to "update.zip" is easy.

I understand your pain. Glad you were able to figure out your problem though.

lvance0431

Reaction score
Samething.

Damn this really sucks. Im having the same problem. I used the rsd lite because rom manager wasnt working and the rom rom I installed updated my phone bac to 2.1update1. Rerooted and dloaded rom manager again now rom manager works but after dloading a any new rom I go to reboot in recovery to install new rom and my phone gets stuck at m logo. I just tried it again and my phone sat at the m logo so long my battery died. I am going to try what you did to see if that helps. Wish me luck. Good job on finding the answer.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn this really sucks. Im having the same problem. I used the rsd lite because rom manager wasnt working and the rom rom I installed updated my phone bac to 2.1update1. Rerooted and dloaded rom manager again now rom manager works but after dloading a any new rom I go to reboot in recovery to install new rom and my phone gets stuck at m logo. I just tried it again and my phone sat at the m logo so long my battery died. I am going to try what you did to see if that helps. Wish me luck. Good job on finding the answer.

IMO, Rom Manager causes more problem than it's worth. After flashing SPRecovery, flash a ROM as an update.zip, and that should work.

lvance0431

Reaction score
Ok hey Tanknspank. I am willing to try that. Howdo I go by doing that? Im the new guy. Still tryna figure this stuff out.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok hey Tanknspank. I am willing to try that. Howdo I go by doing that? Im the new guy. Still tryna figure this stuff out.

Have you flashed the 2.0.1 sbf yet? If so, update to 2.1, and follow box option 02 in this guide here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Then follow box option 4 at the same link.

After all that is done, figure out which ROM you want to use. Then you will follow the same steps in box option 4, but instead of using the ese81update.zip file, use the file provided by the ROM developer. If you get installation aborted, it might not be a SPRecovery supported ROM.

lvance0431

Reaction score
Now here is the problem all over again. I did the update and my phone is stuck on the moto logo screen again. Now I gotta take the battery out and try it again. Its been like this for a few days now.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now here is the problem all over again. I did the update and my phone is stuck on the moto logo screen again. Now I gotta take the battery out and try it again. Its been like this for a few days now.

That's odd... Hopefully it works this time. If not, just flash the 2.1 sprecovery sbf. And flash the ese81update.zip and see if that works.

lvance0431

Reaction score
Ok I jus redid everything. Now I have a rooted Droid with nothing on it. I dont want to install Rom manager again. Where else can I get Roms?

FrostMan

Reaction score
I have a weird satisfaction from the fact that I have never installed clockwork on my Droid. Seemed buggy from beginning and still shows no improvement.

As for the Roms, lvance0431, Just visit the Custom Roms section and choose one to your liking. They all have instructions on how to install via SPRecovery.