Buyers regret

droidmatic

Reaction score
So my wife and I recently bought new phones, she got the droid incredible, and I got the D2 because of the on board memory and the full keyboard.

then I started playing with my wife's incredible and read some reviews, and i started to get some buyers remorse. The incredible has such a bright screen, and it just seems more polished. Even the UI is really nice.

Then I kept using my phone, texting, emailing, etc. I rooted it, flashed Apex, and dled adwex. Now I am pretty happy with my decision, but I still wonder if i made the wrong choice.

So the point is, why did you get the D2 over the other offerings from verizon, are you happy with your decisions, and is it really just all about that full keyboard? What makes the D2 a better choice than the incredible, or vice versa, if you feel that way?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got the d2 over the dx (moto was my main choice) because of the physical KB but I did come to regret that decision because I never use the KB anymore and wish I had that extra screen size.

tappin and a talkin

jamespweb

Reaction score
Well i had the incredible, but i went through 4 of them in one month. Bad certified replacements kept coming in, and 3g kept dropping. Then switched to the D2 and my life turned happy. I wish it had more features, but its fine how it is. *cough*720p,amoled,SENSE.*cough*

I loved the Dinc's UI, but thats just aesthetic and it really kills your battery more than it helps you. LauncherPro's widgets do the same thing.

Reaction score
I left verizon because of the dinc. Had 3 refurbs, kept losing calls and data in a well covered area, the screen ate the battery like no ones business, and it just felt like a cheap phone, especially with the battery cover being the whole back of the phone was just plastic. Verizon brought me back with two free x's for my wife and I and we stood in line to trade them for droid 2s when they launched because the improved hardware keyboard is amazing and Im glad they did something with the gap on the front bottom of the d1 under the haptic keys on the droid 2. All in all its an amazing phone, really heavy duty, and I don't care what anyone says I can type faster with the hardware keyboard then any on screen, on any touch screen I had to backspace endlessly for it picking up the wrong letters. The x was a nice phone but I wish they had increased the resolution on it, the icons and all the other jazz was just a stretched version of a smaller screen, waste of screen real estate, and I didn't like the giant nodule that protruds from the back top of the x. So I've gone from blackberry storm to d1 to dincx4 to iphone 4 to droid x to droid 2 and the d2 is my fav by far

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The D2 is a BEAST!! Combine HTC's weaker antenna and over consuming, battery devouring display, it can't hold a candle to the D1, D2, or DX IMO!! Hello Moto indeed!! :)

I left verizon because of the dinc. Had 3 refurbs, kept losing calls and data in a well covered area, the screen ate the battery like no ones business, and it just felt like a cheap phone, especially with the battery cover being the whole back of the phone was just plastic. Verizon brought me back with two free x's for my wife and I and we stood in line to trade them for droid 2s when they launched because the improved hardware keyboard is amazing and Im glad they did something with the gap on the front bottom of the d1 under the haptic keys on the droid 2. All in all its an amazing phone, really heavy duty, and I don't care what anyone says I can type faster with the hardware keyboard then any on screen, on any touch screen I had to backspace endlessly for it picking up the wrong letters. The x was a nice phone but I wish they had increased the resolution on it, the icons and all the other jazz was just a stretched version of a smaller screen, waste of screen real estate, and I didn't like the giant nodule that protruds from the back top of the x. So I've gone from blackberry storm to d1 to dincx4 to iphone 4 to droid x to droid 2 and the d2 is my fav by far

DroidForums Junkie!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't you understand? If it doesn't say Motorola, it isn't a Droid.;)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might want to tell Verizon and HTC that the Inc isn't a Droid. They are under the impression it is.
Bot, OP, if you are happy with your choice then you made the right decision. Don't look for something that isn't there.

Please Support Our Troops!! Traced from a wifi monolith.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got the d2 over the dx (moto was my main choice) because of the physical KB but I did come to regret that decision because I never use the KB anymore and wish I had that extra screen size.

tappin and a talkin

That's funny I am in almost the opposite spot, well kind of. I still use my OG Droid at home over wifi, i miss the keyboard a sometimes when using my X, even though its not the greatest. Although My X seems to get better battery life and i like having a bigger screen.

BTW i like Sense a little more than Blur. I hate having to wait for the bar at the bottom of the screen to disappear when i need to get in to the app drawer.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might want to tell Verizon and HTC that the Inc isn't a Droid. They are under the impression it is.
Bot, OP, if you are happy with your choice then you made the right decision. Don't look for something that isn't there.

Please Support Our Troops!! Traced from a wifi monolith.

Yeah, I know that I don't know how they could get confused so easily.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I got the D2 because the X wasn't available. I kept wondering if I was missing anything with the larger screen.

Then I realized the keyboard makes the difference for me because I create and edit a lot of word docs.
Using the virtual keyboard, half of the screen is taken up while editing the docs, with the physical keyboard the entire screen is used for the doc.

navchop

Reaction score
I chose the D2 because of the physical keyboard. I'm pretty pleased with it so far and just need to learn how to use all of the functions.

Reaction score
I want to get an HTC device next, only because HTC is much better at providing a good, smooth, and slick software experience. Motorola provides a sluggish one with their motoblur. It basically makes launcherpro a necessity for me. But I picked my D2 mainly for the physical keyboard. I don't regret my choice. It was the best phone out at the time for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Khiraji

Reaction score
I chose the D2 because of the physical keyboard. I come from years of experience with keyboard phones and even with Swype I couldn't see myself using only a screen. I like having a physical button to press if the screen decides to not cooperate.
Also, the specs. This device rocks! I almost hesitate to call it a phone. I've got everything all set all pretty-like and it's just a joy to use.

born2golf

Reaction score
I chose the D2 because of the physical keyboard. I come from years of experience with keyboard phones and even with Swype I couldn't see myself using only a screen. I like having a physical button to press if the screen decides to not cooperate.
Also, the specs. This device rocks! I almost hesitate to call it a phone. I've got everything all set all pretty-like and it's just a joy to use.

+1 on that post

Nancy323

Reaction score
Feedback please. What verizon smartphone would u recommend? Droid 2, Blackberry Bold? Advise? Critical needs are Qwerty & Calendars. NE2 was back in Aug., tired of waiting for the, dare I say, HTC Merge.