Droid 2 maybe not the phone for me.

Android33

Reaction score
I first purchased the Droid Inc. about three weeks ago and after a week and a half i returned it because of the battery life and no physical keyboard. I returned the Droid Inc. for the Droid 2 last Friday because i wanted a keyboard and a better battery life. Now after a week with my Droid2 i really like the keyboard and battery life but it seems really choppy and slow. I know that you guys will say it might be some of the apps i have installed but right out of the box it was choppy. I thought that the Droid2 maybe just neede to be drained then charged up before starting up and get faster. i was wrong because my Droid 2 is still pretty choppy and i kill apps so that there not running in the back round. Im thinking of going back to the Incredible because of how sleek and fast it is and just buy a bigger battery. I like how the Incredible is out of the box quick and fast. Let me know your opinion below, should i wait three more week to get used to the Droid2. let me know

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Quit killing the apps....You creating problems with apps constantly being restarted.

GoPackGo

Reaction score
Download Launcher Pro from the market. The stock launcher is choppy, but Launcher Pro is smooth when switching between home screens and other situations like that. I know what you're talking about when you say how smooth the DInc is but if you try LauncherPro or even ADW you will see that they are not as choppy. If you also download new roms like epic then the stock launcher will not even be present.

OP
A

Android33

Reaction score
yeah thats pretty complicated since this is my first smart phone. Is the Inc. a little more simple. or would you still have to download these apps

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah thats pretty complicated since this is my first smart phone. Is the Inc. a little more simple. or would you still have to download these apps

If this is your first smart phone we'll break it down for you so this is easier.
Go to the market, search for Launcher Pro, install that and see if that makes things zippier for you. when you first go to run the homescreen it will ask if you which one to launch, the default one or launcher pro.

If you like the battery life more with the D2 lets stick with that one.

There is no reason for the D2 to be sluggish. If something is actually wrong with it you can always compare it to the store model and see if the response time is the same you are experiencing.

Regardless of the phone the Launcher Pro desktop is a 3rd party app you would have to download from the market.

want a droid

Reaction score
Like GoPackGo stated, you should try your luck with LauncherPro.

Although my personal experiences have been that LauncherPro is choppier and slower than the default home setup, a lot of people have improved performance with LP so go through that and update us on your experiences.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
I agree, first.... STOP KILLING APPS... all you are doing is causing problems. And give LauncherPro a try. If you do these two things you may find that the D2 is a pretty nice phone! Good Luck!

wildride89

Reaction score
+1 for launcher pro its good. the stock one is trash when if you uninstall. droid life has apk. files for custom lp

OP
A

Android33

Reaction score
Im looking and going back with the incredible since the verizon store said the new update will increase the battery life for the Incredible. The droid is really nice just Web browsing and all that seem extremely slow compared to the incredible. Even witht he in store droid2 but i thought thats just cause people had been tampering with it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im looking and going back with the incredible since the verizon store said the new update will increase the battery life for the Incredible. The droid is really nice just Web browsing and all that seem extremely slow compared to the incredible. Even witht he in store droid2 but i thought thats just cause people had been tampering with it.

Well, good luck with all that. Don't be surprised if you have the same battery issue even with the update.

OP
A

Android33

Reaction score
Just wondering but will the Droid X pretty much be the same as the Droid 2.. I just find HTC easier and not as choppy

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Well, good luck with all that. Don't be surprised if you have the same battery issue even with the update.

If i had a nickel...

MrKleen

Reaction score

Yes the phones in the stores are usually screwed up.

My browser is very fast, not sure why you are having so many issues ...

If you go back to the Incredible I hope it works out for you!

Good luck!

kechamb

Reaction score
I was going to go with the HTC INC before I picked up the D2 and played with it at the store. I really like the physical keyboard and the battery life almost being double is what sold me. I really fins it hard to believe it will improve that much with the update. regarding the phone being sluggish, mine seems to be fine and what little problems I do have are offset by the battery life and everything else I like about it over the HTC. Maybe one of these days we will be able to build our own phone just like a computer.