Droid 2 or Droid 2 Global?

me4droid

Reaction score
OK, so I was going to do the BOGO for the Droid2 last month, but they really didn't have a great solution for letting me give it as a Christmas gift (30 days to activate, but 30 day return policy starts on purchase date, not activation date). So I waited and hoped for them to extend the BOGO thru December.

Well they did, but they added the D2 Global to the BOGO deal for December. So now the question--which should I get?

D2 Pros: Battery lasts a (little) longer according to details I've seen, $50 dollars cheaper

Global Pros: Faster processor (1.2 vs 1.0), global access

So the real decision for me is whether the faster processor outweighs the shorter battery life for the extra $50. I know I can get the larger battery, but I could do that with the D2 also. The global aspect is nice, but I would only use it when traveling for leisure, maybe once a year.

What would you do, and why? I'm really leaning toward the globals, but will I hate the shorter battery life when everyone is already complaining about short battery life on the D2??? dancedroid

mewshi

Reaction score
Well, I would just use the same reasoning I used when I bought the 3G version of the new kindle: You might not need it NOW, but you might LATER.

Buy the global, I would say, and, if the battery life sucks that badly, you can always underclock it :)

vintage2714

Reaction score
I was in this same situation I ended up getting the global. They keyboards look the same but the global keyboard is easier to type on and I feel in love with the white one.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Kas84

Reaction score
I was in this same situation I ended up getting the global. They keyboards look the same but the global keyboard is easier to type on and I feel in love with the white one.

From what I know, the keyboards are exactly the same. The only thing different is the processor and the better battery life on the D2 (I think.) Even the people at Verizon say so. Am I missing something here?

OP
M

me4droid

Reaction score
I don't know about the keyboard. I need to go to the store and see. I've seen several comments about a minor change to the keyboard for the global. Maybe others can chime in with details?

I'm still debating, but will probably go for the globals. Might as well get the latest and fastest! I can always get the larger battery better battery life.

rage813

Reaction score
I had the d2 i returned it to get the d2g and the keyboard is more elevated at much easier to type on trust me

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
M

me4droid

Reaction score
Rage--how do you compare the battery life between the D2 and D2G? Sounds like you are happy you switched? Details please!

vintage2714

Reaction score
When I went to vzw I compared the two keyboards I picked up the D2 first and to me that keyboard felt flat. Then I went and picked up the D2G and the keyboard looked the same but slightly raised so I stared typing on it and liked it and it feels like raised bubbles and they have a clicks sound I like that alot hope this helps

rage813

Reaction score
Rage--how do you compare the battery life between the D2 and D2G? Sounds like you are happy you switched? Details please!

d2 battery life is a bit better but in general both have bad battery life but i do like the d2g alot