Soooo indecisive!

JCo352

Reaction score
I added a 3rd line on my family plan for $10 extra a month and got the DI for the upgrade price with rebate. I don't use the extra line. I've had the DI since it came out. So far I don't like the battery life. half day battery life with heavy use. Ex: internet, text, email and down loading some apps. there is stand by use about 30% and 25% system use. I have a lot better battery life a day and a 1/4 with Droid CM 5.0.6. @900mhz. my wife sent me a video and after several tries it would not DL. the Droid has a sharper screen image but the DI is brighter.

Overall, I really like the UI on the DI, it's lighter and fits in my pocket easier. it does seem snappier and smooth. The camera and video are a lot better. If I could get the same UI on Droid I would have stayed with it. As of now I think I'm going to give the DI to my wife and go back to the Droid.

I noticed less bars also. I compared to Droid side by side and the Droid had at least one more bar then DI.

1). Battery life is definitely worse. For someone spending retail on the DInc, spending another $40 on a Seidio extended battery shouldn't be a problem. ;)

2). Again, the bars are not accurate and that is a known issue. The actual signal strength is the same as the MDroid. Signal strength is determined by the carrier, not the phone maker.

This is THE best stock Verizon phone on the market. Period. I would recommend it for anyone.

/sarcasm Oh yeah, the PHONE has NOTHING to do with reception.

windstrings

Reaction score
. does the incredible send the attachment? I'm posting this kind of late so any replies asap would be awesome :)

Thanks again!

I can turn on my incredible and be on maps with animated radar in weatherbug elite in seconds.... everything is nearly instant..... easily twice the speed of the Moto.

It does send attachments with ease, but you will still have issues of text only for very large attachments... download "attachemail" and use it to grab the file and it will use gmail to do the sending.. I"ve sent over 18mb files successfully with that via gmail.. good for sending whole songs or nice sized pics etc..... as for receiving files that size, I haven't tried yet.. but I know the moto won't unless you browse to your email via your browser.

I have zero regrets... you better toss 35.oo bucks.....
I can see waiting if you aren't eligible.. but I can't see waiting if you are.

The screen and gallery is beautiful and does high quality pics justice.. the camera software makes you feel like you have a true point and shoot... as much as many try to downplay it, it really is a nice upgrade... the sense overlay adds some nice features... one of which is total ability to add, delete and manage groups in contacts... none of this cheezy adding many contacts to one contact and calling it a group stuff.

Seidio is already releasing a 1750mah battery that adds no thickness with an extended 3500mah to follow that only adds 3 - 4mm. The battery on the incredible is much thinner as it covers most of the back.

drewlamo1

Reaction score
The bars seem like they just assigned the wrong .pngs I can confirm that my DI and my wife newly acquired MOTO Droid have the same signal but I show 1-2 bars while she shows 4. I have perfect reception and I've even dropped to 0 bars at times yet I've never dropped a call. Think max bars I've gotten is 2 and I had about 98 db

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
The bars seem like they just assigned the wrong .pngs I can confirm that my DI and my wife newly acquired MOTO Droid have the same signal but I show 1-2 bars while she shows 4. I have perfect reception and I've even dropped to 0 bars at times yet I've never dropped a call. Think max bars I've gotten is 2 and I had about 98 db

-98 db actually isn't that great of a signal but it could have been just that area at that time.

My Incredible is usually from -80 to -91 and that is a good signal but still show one or two bars.

The bars on this phone mean nothing pretty much. They are way inaccurate.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
my reception has been fine and my wife says she can hear me much better thru this phone as opposed to the moto and i can hear much better as well.

the only thing i cant stand so far is the swype keyboard :p every time i have it as the default keyboard and it switches from portrait to landscape it tells me its not formatted for my screen and to contact the developer and i have to hit ok. It actually looks great in portrait mode but wont even allow me to use it in landscape.

I'm using the red one that was posted about on droid-life.net recently... this is very upsetting as i have become addicted to this keyboard :(

windstrings

Reaction score
what exactly does this do?

Voice privacy is a form of encryption..... cells phones are already quite secure... unless your doing something highly illegal I wouldn't sweat it.... less compression both directions means a more pure sound.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
I see. I thought i had always heard that it didn't affect reception, but maybe I'll give it a try and find out. Thanks!