I hate to say it, but because the D2 is lacking Rom selection...

ultima

Reaction score
Actually I have been wanting to pep up the devs to make awesome roms for the d2. I have something in mind but it will have to wait until my current contest is over.

+10000000000000000000000000000000

my D2 says thank you

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If you base what phone you want on how many ROMs are out for it, ummm, your not gonna be happy.
The D2 was released last.....you gotta give it time.
most devs dont develop roms for the droid 2 because of the locked bootloader...thats why cyanogen mod isnt coming to d2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you base what phone you want on how many ROMs are out for it, ummm, your not gonna be happy.
The D2 was released last.....you gotta give it time.
most devs dont develop roms for the droid 2 because of the locked bootloader...thats why cyanogen mod isnt coming to d2

droid x has the same "locked" bootloader. You can develop a rom just fine. Now you are right in that not having CM make a rom for the d2 could be causing the hold up because some devs use CM as their base for their rom. But not all devs base their rom off cyanogen and plus cyanogen had to start some where. People have a chance to make a name for themselves .... build a solid rom for the dx, d2, and future droids and put their name up their with pete, chevy, koush, and others.

trook

Reaction score
Actually I have been wanting to pep up the devs to make awesome roms for the d2. I have something in mind but it will have to wait until my current contest is over.

That sounds like a great idea, anything you can do to remedy this would instantly upgrade you to droid 2 hall of fame status and I will do anything that is asked of me to assist in your mission.

To respond to what crome1115 said: I Love Fission, I have donated, I will donate again if they needed it. I am running 2.2.2 with the fusion theme. Fission Rom manager is the bomb. Its Amazing, Angdroid is my hero, I'm thinking of getting a team defuse tatoo. :)

BUT... I love playing with my d2, I love trying new things, new themes, new hacks, new settings, NEW ROMS. More than likely I will be a Fissionoid until the day my phone dies from some horrible disease like ghonnaherpecyphillaids. But I just want a couple more roms to play with.

karnovaran

Reaction score
It's not going to change. The original Droid will continue to be the only Moto with ROM options. If you're stuck with Verizon and want ROMs, you need to get the Incredible or the next HTC. It's that simple.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It's not going to change. The original Droid will continue to be the only Moto with ROM options. If you're stuck with Verizon and want ROMs, you need to get the Incredible or the next HTC. It's that simple.
not necessarily other phones have ROM options too i mean the droid wasnt the first google phone you know it all started with the g1

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A few droid x roms are being ported to the d2 as we speak starting with apex.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score

You do have a point and it's sad... because I wanted to stick with Motorola because of the great experience I had with my D1.

However this whole thing is Motorolas fault with their locked bootloader. Because of this I will no longer be loyal to Moto.

I wish HTC would hurry and come out with their next phone so I could consider that along with the X.

karnovaran

Reaction score
not necessarily other phones have ROM options too i mean the droid wasnt the first google phone you know it all started with the g1
Yes, I know.. and the G1 is an HTC.

I had a G1, an Ion (aka MyTouch), and a Nexus One before moving to the Droid 2. I made the move because I liked the hardware of the D2 and did so knowing full well the ROM/hacking experience would be a fraction of the Nexus One.

karnovaran

Reaction score

You do have a point and it's sad... because I wanted to stick with Motorola because of the great experience I had with my D1.

However this whole thing is Motorolas fault with their locked bootloader. Because of this I will no longer be loyal to Moto.

I wish HTC would hurry and come out with their next phone so I could consider that along with the X.
Yeah it's too bad because Moto makes such solid hardware.

The Merge may offer some good ROM options if it's built similarly to the G2/Vision/Desire Z. I'm definitely considering the switch myself.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score

I had a G1, an Ion (aka MyTouch), and a Nexus One before moving to the Droid 2. I made the move because I liked the hardware of the D2 and did so knowing full well the ROM/hacking experience would be a fraction of the Nexus One.

You don't happen to have the Nexus One for sale do you? :)

karnovaran

Reaction score

You don't happen to have the Nexus One for sale do you? :)
Ha, no that bad boy was sold shortly after 8/12. I kiiiiinda regret it, but life and Android goes on :)

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
Well its a done deal. I went and purchased the Droid X today and gave my wife my D2!

I loved the D1, then the D2, and now the X.

I did like Apex, and it seems the 2 may be getting more love finally!