Buyers regret

Reaction score
I've found google calendar to be extremely useful. I put in all of my classes and it lets me know when my next class is. (college) Same goes for the physical keyboard. It's a lot wider than the narrow blackberry keyboard, it let's you type a lot faster and more accurately. I'd go with the Droid 2. I wouldn't recommend any of the phones over at CES, mainly because you said that a physical keyboard is one of your top features, and to my knowledge none of the phones revealed at CES had physical keyboards, none for verizon at least. I could be wrong.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Google Calendar support is excellent. Currently I use two Corporate Sync accounts and their respective calendars (can be buggy...) but if you use Google Calendar for all your scheduling needs it's almost guaranteed to be perfect. The keys on the D2 keyboard are bigger than those on a Blackberry, and maybe I'm just biased because of my large fingers but it's a lot easier to type on than my friends' 'berries. There are even apps that offer better Exchange support than the Droid's built-in Corporate Sync functionality, but currently my CorpSyncs are working great.

Furthermore, in a sense you get out of your Droid what you put into it. That means apps. APPS! Droid does so many cool apps, and so many useful apps. Check out the various launcher replacements, GPS toys, and other goodies that make your device fun to use instead of just your phone. Based on my experience with Blackberries and my experience with my Droid, I'd choose Droid in a heartbeat.
Some people coming from Blackberries find the transition difficult, but if you're unsure go play with one in the store. As far as I know, the Droid 2 Global is currently Verizon's most powerful and advanced Android handset. It's speedy, very versatile, infinitely customizable and looks sexy to boot (at boot?). There will probably be a Droid with keyboard refresh now with LTE, but 6 months after that there will be something "better" again. And after that. And again and again and again. Go Droid!

OP
D

droidmatic

Reaction score
Thanks for the thread (sorta) hijack lol. If you need a qwerty kb from verizon, then I don't think you could do much better than the d2, but then again its also my first smartphone so i'm not an authority.

Just to clarify though, I am happy with my droid, I guess I just wanted to know what everyone thought about vs the otherr phones on the market. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

the3dolla

Reaction score
You might want to tell Verizon and HTC that the Inc isn't a Droid. They are under the impression it is.
Bot, OP, if you are happy with your choice then you made the right decision. Don't look for something that isn't there.

Please Support Our Troops!! Traced from a wifi monolith.

I get annoyed at work about this. Some goes, "yea I have a droid" I go oh yea, which one. They show me some Tmobile Cliq. Another person goes "yea, I've got a droid" I say again, oh yea, which one. He shows me a Sprint EVO. I want to say, well if it's not Verizon, you cannot have a DROID!!!!! I don't think Motorola owns the Droid name, I'm thinking it's Verizon, so they can call it whatever they want, hence the Droid Incredible.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lucasfilms owns "Droid" but Motorola bought the rights to use it who in turn, sold rights to Verizon.

You might want to tell Verizon and HTC that the Inc isn't a Droid. They are under the impression it is.
Bot, OP, if you are happy with your choice then you made the right decision. Don't look for something that isn't there.

I get annoyed at work about this. Some goes, "yea I have a droid" I go oh yea, which one. They show me some Tmobile Cliq. Another person goes "yea, I've got a droid" I say again, oh yea, which one. He shows me a Sprint EVO. I want to say, well if it's not Verizon, you cannot have a DROID!!!!! I don't think Motorola owns the Droid name, I'm thinking it's Verizon, so they can call it whatever they want, hence the Droid Incredible.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Reaction score
Droid Bionic, Droid Pro, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid Eris... "These are not the droids you're looking for..."

D2 FTW.

the3dolla

Reaction score
Lucasfilms owns "Droid" but Motorola bought the rights to use it who in turn, sold rights to Verizon.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Interesting. I knew Lucas Films owns it, didn't know it went to Moto then VZ though. I wonder if they're kicking themselves now, thinking "I should have asked for more $$" or if Motorola is doing the same.

The new Moto Atrix looks sickening. That will definitely be my next phone, unless they make you change your whole family plan since I got that $20discount/line plan recently. That's all I'm afraid of. If they say "Pay $10 more" like Sprint, I'd do that even though it's lame; it's that awesome of a phone.

Apple better bring it for their June refresh (if that happens) Android just took them over and Blackberry is next. I've been telling all co-workers/friends that the android takeover is inevitable. The phones will annihilate all.

evltwn72

Reaction score
Lucasfilms owns "Droid" but Motorola bought the rights to use it who in turn, sold rights Verizon.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Actually, Lucas licensed the Droid name to Verizon, not Motorola. That's why we've seen phones like the Droid Eris and Incredible, which are made by HTC.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That makes sense :)

Lucasfilms owns "Droid" but Motorola bought the rights to use it who in turn, sold rights Verizon.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Actually, Lucas licensed the Droid name to Verizon, not Motorola. That's why we've seen phones like the Droid Eris and Incredible, which are made by HTC.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums Junkie!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They are gonna keep cranking out droids so the best thing to do is to do your research and pick what you like. If you do not feel like you gonna want to stick with your device for two years then I suggest go 1 yr contract... that is what I am gonna start doing when my contract come up in june.

Trdball

Reaction score
I am enjoying my Droid2 Learning new stuff everyday. I use mine as a GPS for Geocacing. Also use it as a phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
I suggest go 1 yr contract... that is what I am gonna start doing when my contract come up in june.

Same here. New phones with more/better features come out too often to stick to 2 year contracts anymore.

Nancy323

Reaction score
I've found google calendar to be extremely useful. I put in all of my classes and it lets me know when my next class is. (college) Same goes for the physical keyboard. It's a lot wider than the narrow blackberry keyboard, it let's you type a lot faster and more accurately. I'd go with the Droid 2. I wouldn't recommend any of the phones over at CES, mainly because you said that a physical keyboard is one of your top features, and to my knowledge none of the phones revealed at CES had physical keyboards, none for verizon at least. I could be wrong.
Visited local Verizon store and played with Droid 2 and BB Bold. I really want a droid but the BB calendar was easy to transition from week to month view. Tried doing that with the D2 and couldn't get it to transition view. Is there a step I'm missing? Aside from needing the physical keyboard, I prefer touch screen. D2 seems to have it all, just couldn't get the calendar to transition. Would that be a problem if using google calendar? Also, is there a setting in the D2 to increase font size....unfortunately, I have lousy eyesight.

Reaction score
I use launcher pro plus calendar widget to display my events, its easy to toggle between day/week/month/agenda, flawless