Blue Energy - Themed CyanogenMod ROM

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I will work on updates for the different batteries and what not for the CyanogenMod version, as soon as I figure out what they are going to do as far as upgrading.

depdaDROID

Reaction score
Almost all of these roms and themes are provided by private individuals who also have jobs and lives... they don't provide support officially. I am not sure why you would have that problem... I have 5.0.7.1 with this theme installed and can't reproduce your problem... I imagine the theme developer will have the same issue... it's probably not the theme causing it.

I understand about them having lives but I also saw him posting last night in the froyo side of his themes.

NP's with that ...froyo is the latest and greatest.

I just came back to post though that I accidentally fixed my problem.

After having to keep flipping the screen timeout times around today I finally got fed up enough to have rom manager take me back to the stock non rooted 2.01 rom I checked off to have it wipe the data cache before it it rebooted and started clockwork.

Well clockwork failed and I choose to reboot, when it came back up and rebooted back into blue energy the screen lock is now working.

I still plan on going back to stock though, fussing around with all these bugs is a waste of time. Not to mention my wife who has been pissed at me for screwing with this when she wants "me time".

Sorry about the long delay for an answer. Yes this theme is still supported, but even Koush will be coming out with a new version as soon that is based off the Froyo source. So..at some point soon it won't be supported, until a new version of the theme is up.

Sorry you were having problems with it. I've never had problems with the lock screen, and I am a habitual 'screen locker' when I am done with it to conserve battery. Sometimes reinstalling helps out if there are random bugs like that. This is the first I have heard about a bug like that though.

That said, I have a thread on CyanogenMod Forums, this thread, a Bugless Beast thread, and the Froyo thread to keep up with. Sometimes for some reason Droid Forums stops emailing me updates on a thread. I have asked for a section to keep everything in one place which would help me answer everyone's questions quickly but I haven't gotten the final response as of yet.

Obviously there are more support like questions going on with the Froyo version as that is the hot topic right now. I consider the Bugless and CyanogenMod versions to be pretty stable so I don't check them as often.

It was probably NOT A "BUG" AT ALL, if you open spare parts app and look under general you will find "end button behavior" click on it then select "Go To Sleep" and that will do it!! (always look for the simplest solution first!) good luck!

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Sorry about the long delay for an answer. Yes this theme is still supported, but even Koush will be coming out with a new version as soon that is base

It was probably NOT A "BUG" AT ALL, if you open spare parts app and look under general you will find "end button behavior" click on it then select "Go To Sleep" and that will do it!! (always look for the simplest solution first!) good luck!

Very possible indeed, thanks for the answer I didn't have!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I can't get this to work.

First, I DLed it from ROM Manager.... rebooted and nothing changed. Then my buddy said I need FRF57 and told me to check what I have. So I got to SETTING --> About phone --> and all it says is 2.2 FRFxx.

The two "xx" are there instead of a #.

So I go to ROM Manager (premium) and go to: Download ROM --> Stock Images --> Verizon Droid 2.2 Froyo Leak

It DLed, restarted my Droid and I went back to "About phone" and it still says FRFxx instead of FRF57.

So I try to the UPDATE.ZIP way via download from SD Card...reboots my Droid and nothing happens.

I try DLing FRF57 again...nothing....try again....nothing.

What the hell....

EDIT: I just click "Backup Current ROM", not clear cache. If that helps

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get this to work.

First, I DLed it from ROM Manager.... rebooted and nothing changed. Then my buddy said I need FRF57 and told me to check what I have. So I got to SETTING --> About phone --> and all it says is 2.2 FRFxx.

The two "xx" are there instead of a #.

So I go to ROM Manager (premium) and go to: Download ROM --> Stock Images --> Verizon Droid 2.2 Froyo Leak

It DLed, restarted my Droid and I went back to "About phone" and it still says FRFxx instead of FRF57.

So I try to the UPDATE.ZIP way via download from SD Card...reboots my Droid and nothing happens.

I try DLing FRF57 again...nothing....try again....nothing.

What the hell....

EDIT: I just click "Backup Current ROM", not clear cache. If that helps

For what it's worth, this thread is about the Blue Energy theme for the latest stable CyanogenMod. There's a separate thread for the Froyo theme.

wylecyot

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with Voice Search?

I thought I read about this somewhere, but can't find the post. Forgive me if it has already been answered...

I am using Blue Energy 1.03 with CM 5.07.1. Whenever I try to use Voice Search or Voice input (such as with Handcent), the program forecloses. Anybody have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I thought I read about this somewhere, but can't find the post. Forgive me if it has already been answered...

I am using Blue Energy 1.03 with CM 5.07.1. Whenever I try to use Voice Search or Voice input (such as with Handcent), the program forecloses. Anybody have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

That's entirely possible since I have broken voice search once before on the CyanogenMod version...but that was when it was a full ROM and I broke the VoiceSearchwithKeyboard.apk altogether. Since the theme doesn't touch that apk and only moves over apk's that are modified now, I don't even know where to start looking. I believe that they are planning on releasing 5.0.8 at some point in the near future so the theme will have to move on to a different version anyhow, so if it is a framework problem it will go away on the next update.

cj1896

Reaction score
I just switched to cyanogen from buggy beast and I had to install my favorite theme. Unfortunately all of the text in the notification panel, clock, date etc is black on black, and can't be read. Has anyone else had this issue? I just can't go back to the test 2.2 build. I don't care what dev releases it, it is just too buggy.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use spare parts to edit notification area colors/text

cj1896

Reaction score

Where is this in spare parts? I flashed CM, downloaded spare parts from the market and it doesn't have an option to alter notification area colors.

cj1896

Reaction score
bump.gif

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Where is this in spare parts? I flashed CM, downloaded spare parts from the market and it doesn't have an option to alter notification area colors.

Well there's your mistake right there. Why did you do that? CM includes a spare parts that has the features dmacleo is talking about.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It isn't in 5.0.8 when I flash it from Rom Manager.

It is there - check settings, it's the second to last option, above About Phone. This is a change from previous versions of CyanogenMod.

That's why I posted the changelog. :)