Blue Energy themed BB v.1.1

roberj13

Reaction score
NEW FORMAT, INSTALL OVER A BUGLESS BEAST 1.1 INSTALL

I changed the format of this ROM and transitioned it to an update that can just be installed over BB 1.1.

This will allow users to keep their data when updating the theme, result in a smaller download size, and help me update the applications quicker.

Here is what is included in the theme:

Blue Energy Themed Status Bar and Icons
Themed Market, Maps, Browser, Contacts, Dialer
Themed Stock Widgets, Power Control, News and Weather, Music, You Tube, and search.
Themed Pull Down Notification Bar
Changed text colors for status bar
All images optimized through PNGauntlet and all apk's zipaligned.

Here is what it included in App Pack 1.1 for BB

Themed LauncherPro (federico, new launcher icon (credit for image to CroMag) UPDATED 6/5
Themed Pandora
Themed 3 Music App
Themed Handcent SMS - Updated 6/5
Themed Facebook
Themed Twitter

Screenshots:

device.png
device1.png
device2.png
device3.png
device5.png

Installation Instructions:

Download Blue Energy Theme 1.0.3 for Bugless Beast 1.1 and App Pack 1.0
Install Bugless Beast 1.1
Install Blue Energy Theme through ClockWork mod recovery, (could work in SpRecovery but haven't tested)
Install App Pack 1.0
reboot
Enjoy
NOTE: Often times if you are wiping data, you will have to boot first, let backup transport restore your applications automatically, then apply the theme, otherwise it overwrites Maps and/or any other apps that are themed that you previously had..If this happens just install the Blue Energy Theme and App Pack again.

ALTERNATE METHOD: (Preferred)
Download ROM Manager
Download ROM Manager Premium
Goto Download ROMs
Goto roberj13
Goto Blue Energy Theme 1.0.3 for BB
Select App Pack 1.0
ROM Manager will automatically install
Enjoy

If you like what I do and feel compelled to donate you can HERE.

Keep track of updates by following me on Twitter @Roberts_James

Visit my HOME for the most up to date files.

DOWNLOAD SECTION:

Blue Energy Theme 1.0.3 for Bugless Beast 1.1

App Pack 1.1
- New Handcent and LauncherPro version update

Thanks to everyone along the way who gave me their ear and helped me out when I was learning. And also to the people who made this particular theme possible with some of the images. This includes Pete, AdamZ, Koush, Manup456, and so many more.

Hope everyone enjoys this theme, just know that I can't possibly please everyone with the theme aspect. If you find a bug DEFINITELY let me know, but if you just want a different Bluetooth icon or something, you are more than welcome to metamorph one you like into my theme :)

If you want an alternate dialer, this is from AdamZ's Smoked Glass - DOWNLOAD HERE

4319542727_8f862204c9.jpg

Last edited:

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
VERY nice....thank you for doing this....

GDO7

Reaction score
Would there be any ill effect if I install ADW over this that you know of? For some reason I just can't bring myself to switch from ADW to Launcherpro. I have it DLed from the Market, but I couldn't get used to it after running it for a few hours so I switched back to ADW.

If not, I will be installing it......(from work) as well!

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Can you install this with sprecovery or is it only for clockwork?

edit: sorry can you make and update.zip for sprecovery please?

Last edited:

bdholsin

Reaction score
I'm running BB and installed the Blue Energy theme but my phone went into a boot loop after running fixpermissions.zip. I'm going to try and install with a wipe and see what that gets me.

Just wanted to say this is one sharp theme. I like it. We'll see what the wipe does for me. If you think you may have any suggestions I'm listening.

bdholsin

Reaction score
Ok, the wipe worked for me. I'm up and running with only two minor issues.
1. My Weatherbug Elite is showing that it is trying to update the temp in the notification bar. It is in a perpetual state of update. This doesn't seem to be a big deal. I'll fiddle with some of the settings and see what that brings.
2. I can't get my e-mail to configure (something about security settings aren't supported) with my home wifi. I've had this issue with other ROMs and thus had settled with BB. BB 1.0 never gave me any wifi/e-mail problems so I stuck with that.

Other than those two small issues this theme is awesome. Keep up the great work!

obededom

Reaction score
gettin FC's on wireless tether

EDIT: pulled apk, reboot, reinstall - fixed

Last edited:

bdholsin

Reaction score
Finally ironed out my issues. Turns out I had two versions of Weatherbug running...Weatherbug and Weatherbug Elite. Deleted Weatherbug and that resolved the "data loading" message in the notification bar.

Took some time and some effort to get my wifi settings lined up with my ISP. That's now resolved. I'm 100% up and running.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Would there be any ill effect if I install ADW over this that you know of? For some reason I just can't bring myself to switch from ADW to Launcherpro. I have it DLed from the Market, but I couldn't get used to it after running it for a few hours so I switched back to ADW.

If not, I will be installing it......(from work) as well!

Just as LauncherPro can live with Launcher2 being on the phone. You can install ADW. I would just uninstall it after installing ADW, if it were me.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
gettin FC's on wireless tether

EDIT: pulled apk, reboot, reinstall - fixed

Got the same thing here, will work on a fix.

EDIT: Actually, I just looked and I had included version 20, the one from the market is version 22. So definitely need to delete WifiTether.apk from /system/app and then just go to the market and search 'wifi tether' for now. Then I will include the right one on the next update.

Last edited:

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I am not too overly into blue themes, but considering that the blue in here is not as overwhelming as some others, I am giving it a shot. Downloading to install as we speak.