Battery Life Issues With Froyo 2.2 Manual Update

edinor

Reaction score
I experienced the exact same issue. Charging would take at least 8 hours, and the phone would be dead within 3 hours. I was running Advanced Task Killer, uninstalled it, and had the same issue. I had not ever started the FB App, but it was running, and I stopped that. I also tried reducing the Exchange sync frequency. Even still, you could practically watch the gauge go down, and the phone was incredibly hot. You could leave it dark for 60 minutes, come back, the phone would still be hot and you'd have lost at least 25% of the battery. It was so bad, it reminded me of my old HTC Titan running WM6. :p

After backing everything up (Astro File Manager is an easy way for that), I performed a hard reset and data wipe. I did have to re-activate the phone, but since then 2.2 has been running fine, and I am holding a charge as well as ever. Exchange is on push, ATK is still not installed, and everything seems OK. I'm going to slowly go back to playing around with my settings and see if I come across anything else that might have been causing the drain.

The build I am showing is: FRG01B

Hope this helps someone!

MOTRAIN

Reaction score
I did the manual update last week and it seems good, is there anyway to go back to an earlier version and wait for the OTA?

Thanks!

JTDroid

Reaction score
I received the 2.2 OTA and i am having the same problem, my battery drains so quickly, also my phone takes so long to respond sometimes, along with the fact it keeps opening up programs.

chiefvelo

Reaction score
Anyone with Battery issues after 2.2 take a look at your processor activity. Is your phone warm or hot? Then its running all the time. Try system panel (lite). be you will find your processor pegged at 100% and running at 500+mhz. I did and a hard reset seemed to fix it.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
#1 stop using task killers. they are bad for the phone and you don't need them. #2, froyo is a lot faster with a lot more enhancements, meaning the battery will not be as good. my battery seems to run down pretty fast. i go from %100-%60 within 5 hours of heavy use

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
#1 stop using task killers. they are bad for the phone and you don't need them. #2, froyo is a lot faster with a lot more enhancements, meaning the battery will not be as good. my battery seems to run down pretty fast. i go from %100-%60 within 5 hours of heavy use

Mine goes down to 59 within 4 hours of use. :(

kgbmiker

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, upgraded to froyo manually, battery lasts only about half of what it used to. After reading this thread I uninstalled the task killer and I can NOT say that it is much better. Please help

vanepelw

Reaction score
I've also seen a dramatically reduced battery life. It is not due to different phone use after the update, as it's been consistent across a few days of work where I hardly use my cell at all. I used to be between 60 and 80% after a full day of work...now it's nearly dead by the time I get home.

Regarding the known battery killers with 2.2
  • I don't have any task killing apps
  • I don't have a facebook account and don't have the app running

I'm on rooted FRG22.

My top 2 battery users are Display (my brightness is set to the lowest level with 30 second screen timeout) and Android System.

Has anyone with a similar setup found anything that helps?

chiefvelo

Reaction score
vanepelw, read the threads. Something on the update is note playing right. fast fix. do a factory reset (maybe tray flashing it again to be sure) and add one app back at at ime to see what one does not like 2.2.
android system should not be 2nd on battery use.

hanny

Reaction score
I have also noticed mine going from 100% to 70% rather quickly, but it takes twice the time to get to 40%. I also have no complaints about battery usage. I charge it every night without fail. I accept that and am completely ok with it.

BobNSA

Reaction score
My battery life has dropped significantly since the 2.2 upgrade. It was fully charged at 5:30 last night. Did not use it all. When I came to work it was completely dead. Had to plug it in and start charging it. This never happened before. I am also experiencing heat build up as well. Something is running in the background that didn't before.

truckbutt

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just lucky. I did the manual update. There has been no change in my battery usage and my phone only gets warm watching youtube. My Android OS is 4th at 7%.