TERRIBLE battery life

OP
JoeJxn

JoeJxn

Reaction score
A little update.

I haven't been using Pandora, but when I do anything but text, my battery life is terrible

Today I took my phone off the charger at 10:30 am, listened to music for maybe an hour or so. Browsed the internet for a bit, and texted.

My phone was dead by 4:30pm.

I hardly do anything, and it dies. I'm afraid to play games on my phone.

But I just ordered another standard battery off amazon, thinking I should've splurged for the extended battery

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This is weird. Back when i had my Motorola Droid i could go a full day of texting, calls, apps, radio and other things and still have a lot of battery left. Something you are doing is draining your battery like crazy.

OP
JoeJxn

JoeJxn

Reaction score
Yea idk what it is.

I have:

1) Launcherpro
2) Handcent
3) Facebook/Twitter/Gaming widget
4) Beautiful Widget
5) random apps on my homescreens.

Nothing is constantly running.

Wifi off
GPS off
Brightness at 25%

I keep Dolphin HD in the background but that's about it.

It boggles my mind that my battery dies in 6 hours with hardly any use.

ttnet

Reaction score
Seidio has had some customer service issues in the past...search the forum and see if you can find a rant or two.
So you think it's not worth it: Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery How about this backup battery and solar charger and the seller? 3500mAh battery backup solar charger for most of digital products from the picture seems good
3500mah-solar-charger-compatible-the-most-digital-device.jpg

madmacabre

Reaction score

harunjo

Reaction score
Do you live in bad phone signal area?

remember your phone is not just only phone..its mini PC..with touch screen..and nothing comparing blackberry OS..thats why sometimes it needs more battery power

My suggestions is..

remove your unneccessary widget.

decreasing your icon on your home and put them at your 1 or 2 folder on your main home screen.

try to use dark wallpapper for your home..

decreasing your home screen to only 3 home will be help your battery to.

try to charge everytime while you are not using your phone

stop unnecessary auto sync app.

dont leave your dolphine hd app in the background..kill it after your browsing season over..

shutdown your phone screen ASAP after use it.

if above tips not work..

buy additional battery..my suggestion is..buy external battery charger.

i use Sanyo Mobile Booster 5000 mAh and very happy with it..

and the charging process of sanyo external battery is very fast..

below the pic and spec of my sanyo external battery

and please note i bought this in my local market..so you need to googling it or maybe try find one at ebay..

Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster w/ Xtra Strength KBC-L2S-SP

Description : Mobile Booster with Xtra Strength ( Built in with 2p'cs of Lithium ion batteries)
Capacity : Up to 5000 mah
Function : As mentioned bellow
Charging times : AC Adaptor - 7 hrs or USB Port - 14 hrs

Built-in with 2 pieces of Lithium Ion batteries, the mobile booster Xtra is compact yet high in power. It acts as a back-up power for any electronic devices when its power is running low.

Applicable for portable music players, portable games, mobile phones (most models) and electronic devices that can be charged through USB port.

Contains:
* Li-ion Battery with 2 USB outputs and 1 DC input (KBC-L2)
* AC Adapter (Euro 2 pin)
* USB cable for charging KBC-L2
* Instructions Manual

30m46s9.jpg

15i9jww.jpg

2le2jbr.jpg

Last edited:

nikkix

Reaction score
A little update.

I haven't been using Pandora, but when I do anything but text, my battery life is terrible

Today I took my phone off the charger at 10:30 am, listened to music for maybe an hour or so. Browsed the internet for a bit, and texted.

My phone was dead by 4:30pm.

I hardly do anything, and it dies. I'm afraid to play games on my phone.

But I just ordered another standard battery off amazon, thinking I should've splurged for the extended battery

sorry to break it to you,but thats pretty typical of the droid. smart phones like these are burtal on batteries. and if you havent noticed,listening to music is pretty hard on the battery too. one thing that will do wonders for you battery;get an mp3 player:)

cappa86

Reaction score
turn off the gps satellites that will drain tha battery as well when your not using it

apollos40

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, I'm new to Droids and this board. I've been reading all of this stuff about crappy batteries, and I guess I'm disappointed a bit. I shouldn't complain probably, I am getting over about 36-40 hours of use out of my battery, but that's with only average use. I don't really game on it, haven't played music on it generally use the web browser a fair amount and for calls/texts.

My phone is only a week old, and I feel almost scared to use my phone more often because I feel like the battery will die so quickly. I have my lighting set to auto and I have my syncs off because I read they are horrid on your battery. I read on here about kernels and such and I would love to try all of that rooting and all, but I'm nervous as all get out about messing up my phone with that stuff. Anyone have any words to ease my mind about putting a new kernel on my phone? Also, if you have a place to send me that I can learn about rooting and such that is solid. I have been looking around and I just seem to read multiple ways of doing everything and I'm not sure who to trust. Thanks.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Normally my battery dies quick but it's been a day and an hour and I'm at 60%, wifi and GPS are always on. Not too much use but not much less than usual.

harunjo

Reaction score
If you affraid to rooting then dont do it..give it to the more experience guy...if you like to learn how to root..then research it carefully...it will be safe for sure..and not too scarry to do.

FYI,
rooting activity will canceling your phone guarante.

and about crappy battery..i am dissagree with you..as i said before android is mini PC not ordinary phone, enjoy it no need to worry about battery..just follow the tips here...change your charging habbit....

flashing and root your phone will not guaranteed you will have a better battery performance..

thats depend on your need to the android phone..

if you need the battery performance so dont touch it..just leave it alone..make your phone standby all the time..make your phone as ordinary dummy phone...not as smartphone

but if you need to enjoy all the feature of phone and then you need to know the consequence...more activity on the phone thats mean your phone will need more battery power

if you need both battery performance and all the phone feature..then you need to charge it everywhere and everytime you can.

or always bring spare battery (my suggestions is external battery) with you...

Hey guys/gals, I'm new to Droids and this board. I've been reading all of this stuff about crappy batteries, and I guess I'm disappointed a bit. I shouldn't complain probably, I am getting over about 36-40 hours of use out of my battery, but that's with only average use. I don't really game on it, haven't played music on it generally use the web browser a fair amount and for calls/texts.

My phone is only a week old, and I feel almost scared to use my phone more often because I feel like the battery will die so quickly. I have my lighting set to auto and I have my syncs off because I read they are horrid on your battery. I read on here about kernels and such and I would love to try all of that rooting and all, but I'm nervous as all get out about messing up my phone with that stuff. Anyone have any words to ease my mind about putting a new kernel on my phone? Also, if you have a place to send me that I can learn about rooting and such that is solid. I have been looking around and I just seem to read multiple ways of doing everything and I'm not sure who to trust. Thanks.

dakoop

Reaction score
I am lucky to get 14 to 15 hours with minimal use and I am running Chevy's ulv kernal. I am baffled.