short battery life with 2.2

glenn

Reaction score
Has anybody else had trouble with the battery life being short with 2.2? I charged my battery to full for got to turn it off so it a was on over night lock with screen of and ever thing and the next morning it was dead.

I too suffered from poor batter life after the jump to 2.2, then, one day about 2 weeks ago my Droid1 started an endless reboot.

Long story short, turns out it was a free app called Battery Status.

Once I deleted this app my Droid1 was stable again but.....my battery life improved significantly !!!

I'm in love again with my Droid1.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
well the app i have for power managment is called power manager i don't think it helps any, cause again i had a full battery last night turned it on to see what the name of that app was and i have to charge it again, man since 2.2 it even uses power when its off.

i still love my droid, but this battery issue is just rediculas.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
well i tried the juice defender and it was just frustrating cause i wouldn't have internet then i would have it and i didn't see any diffence. the others i don't have a rooted phone so i couldn't try those.

smadaus

Reaction score
Another forum member suggested to let the battery die down until the phone shuts off and then charge it up. It's supposed to help Froyo learn the sort of battery it's working with. It worked for me.

Yea I did that as well and so far it has worked but it has only been a day. So hopefully it keeps a charge.

ptchick

Reaction score
AutoKiller was mentioned to help and prolong battery life, but it's for rooted phones only. Is there a good app similar to it that's for unrooted phones?

Shibbey

Reaction score
Because the method Autokiller uses, there is no way to acomplish the same thing without root.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Well I talked with a tech from Verizon and she said they haven't heard of this problem with 2.2 I told her I had ok battery life while it was on but I could have a full battery then turn it off the next morning turn it back on or try to some times the battery was so dead it would so she said that the phone may not be reading the battery correctly and when I turn it off then on it does so she recommended me turning it on then taking out the battery for like 20 seconds then put it back in and turn it back on so far that's help me with no battery after I turn it off.