Battery Life after Rooting Rezound

Tha187um

Reaction score
before I was getting a full day of battery, unplug at 7am and plug it back in at 6pm. With ICS I went to noon :( and now with GB Clean Rom 1.7 at 1PM I was at 30% same usage if not less as before.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
before I was getting a full day of battery, unplug at 7am and plug it back in at 6pm. With ICS I went to noon :( and now with GB Clean Rom 1.7 at 1PM I was at 30% same usage if not less as before.

Yes, some ROM's will have less battery life than running stock, and the depending on what kernel they use in their ROM will also affect battery life.

One of the reasons I usually run stock rooted with no ROM's. When I want to try a ROM out, I just make a nandroid and flash the ROM, don't like it, just flash the nandroid back and you're good to go.

Also keep in mind your usage as well, the screen and 4G are huge battery hogs.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Also ICS has an issue with 3.8v batteries. Check your phone when you take it off the charger, is it charged to 100%? If not get the battery exchanged by Verizon. You want a 3.7v battery.

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
Also ICS has an issue with 3.8v batteries. Check your phone when you take it off the charger, is it charged to 100%? If not get the battery exchanged by Verizon. You want a 3.7v battery.

No, ICS never went to 100%, it spent like 4-6 hours at 92% and then gradually like an hour a percent but it never reached 100%

thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, ICS never went to 100%, it spent like 4-6 hours at 92% and then gradually like an hour a percent but it never reached 100%

thanks

Yeah, then get that puppy swapped out at Verizon. Just explain the issue(minus ICS) and they should exchange it no questions asked.

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
I just checked and indeed the battery is a 3.8V so I go and tell them is not charging 100%?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just checked and indeed the battery is a 3.8V so I go and tell them is not charging 100%?

Yes, tell them your phone is not charging to 100%, if you want, mention you went to the forums the whole community said that you need the 3.7v battery and not the 3.8v battery. Make no mention of unlocking/rooting/roming/etc... and they should swap out the battery for you.

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm back and I have a few questions.

Does the sense launcher drain extra battery?

Does having different launcher disable the stock sense launcher?

This is why I asked, yesterday I posted that at 1:30 (6:30 hours) I had 30% battery, however, since i've been flashing roms left and right, I had not fully configured my phone that way i had it. so last night I loaded ADWLauncher EX and configured the phone the way I had done with my stock rom.

I'm going now almost on 11 hours (10 hours and 44 minutes) and I'm on 34% :) which to me is amazing, this is same usage from every day. I leave 4G on, wifi and gps on, I do disable all syncs except gmail. again, this is my every day set up.

So I was wondering if the launcher made a difference which is about the main thing i changed from yesterday... oh yeah and I also placed a shortcut of quickreboot on the desktop that when i used a few apps i just click quickreboot.

EVSP

Reaction score

Stupid question - other than the issues with ICS, what's the advantage of having a 3.7v over a 3.8v? Is it just that it doesn't drain as fast?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Stupid question - other than the issues with ICS, what's the advantage of having a 3.7v over a 3.8v? Is it just that it doesn't drain as fast?

I'm curious too. My Rezound is on it's way here. I should have it by Friday so I won't know which battery I have until then.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.