Battery Life after OTA Update???

dirtyjohnston

Reaction score
I noticed that in the middle of the night last night my Droid X received the OTA update. I never really had battery issues before. I wouldn't say it's been great, but I get through the day for the most part while constantly checking email/texts throughout the day. I unplug it at 4:30 am and it usually needs to be plugged in by 8-10 pm depending on my night usage after I get home from work. I didn't think much about the update because I'm not tech saavy enough to know what was being updated. Well, at about 1pm today it said it was at 5%. Within 5 minutes it shut off. I haven't made any calls today and have actually barely used the phone at all. I don't have a charger with me to restart it, so I don't really know what happened. I did look at my battery usage right before it died and it listed "Cell Standby" at 56% and mentioned something about a radio using it.

Did the update change a setting that is now draining my battery? I never noticed "cell standby" listed on the battery usage chart before. Yes it was unplugged for about 9 hours, but like I said I haven't really used it at all today. That's why I never noticed the battery draining until it was at 5%.

Thanks in advance.

vpogv

Reaction score
I am going to say it screwed something up. There are a few other posts in other threads about it and I am having the exact same problem. I was going to give it a solid charge again tonight and see how it runs tomorrow.

One thing I noticed though before the update my battery was around 75% charged, after the phone did the OTA update and rebooted it was at 100%. I curious as to if now the phone thinks that when the batter is at 75% it is fully charged for some reason.