"Phone Idle" battery usage seems high...

ChadJ55

Reaction score
I am wondering if this is abnormal. I am looking at the improved battery usage detail on my X and see that "Phone Idle" usage represents about 22% of my battery usage this morning. In the screen captures that people have posted before, phone idle is usually really low comparatively. So far this morning, here's where I'm at...

Display: 24%
Phone Idle: 22%
Cell Standby: 17%
Android System: 11%
ans so on...

Anything I should be looking into here? The phone has not been off the charger long, but I recall seeing similar usage statistics last night after a full day.

OP
C

ChadJ55

Reaction score
In case this info is needed, the phone is stock, running the stock battery, exchange syched with email set to push, 2.2 OS, facebook contacts linked/synched. I have ATK but it is set to manual. Only used to kill stuck apps and the occasional ones I don't like to have running (City ID, Amazon MP3, VZ Navigator, etc.) Since posting, the phone is still holding Phone Idle at 21% of usage.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That looks like the amount of usage that you would see by somebody who doesn't use their phone much. I don't see anything abnormal there.

Mine is currently:

phone idle; 32% Cell standby 24%. I haven't used my Droid much this morning.

OP
C

ChadJ55

Reaction score
Well, sir, in that case I believe it is time for me to start playing with my phone! Thanks for the sanity check. I'll check it out after a full day of normal use and see if it is still running high in the idle category. My extended battery arrived today. Looking forward to see what kind of gains I experience with it. Thanks again.

Jcook54

Reaction score
Oh ya, use it some more and it'll start showing different percentages for use. I'm at work and haven't used my phone much and my numbers are about the same. Of course the 22% Phone Idle is with 80% battery left. When I go to lunch and switch Wifi one it'll shoot up the ranks in a hurry!