10% battery drop doing nothing!!!

Sbeck

Reaction score
This morning I was coming off a full overnight charge and my battery has dropped from 100 to 90% in 1.5 hours and it was sitting on my desk with the screen off and nothing running! I checked the battery usage and the top three were the display at 29%, cell standby at 28% and phone idle at 18%. Is that normal?????

Sent from my DROIDX

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This morning I was coming off a full overnight charge and my battery has dropped from 100 to 90% in 1.5 hours and it was sitting on my desk with the screen off and nothing running! I checked the battery usage and the top three were the display at 29%, cell standby at 28% and phone idle at 18%. Is that normal?????

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes, the battery will slowly drain back down towards 90% while on charge and then when it reachs 90% it starts to charge again.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
It wasn't on the charger. I had taken it off the charger and went to work. I'm just surprised at the 10% drop and I wasn't really using it. Should those top 3 pull it down that fast?

Sent from my DROIDX

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just meant that it probably wasnt really at 100% when you unplugged it so that makes sense.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

him

Reaction score
Ihad the same problem with mine. WOuldnt make it through 4 hrs of work. It may be a new app you just installed. I uninstalled a bunch of stuff and mine started working correctly. Not sure exactly what app it was but the sync symbol stayed in my notification bar all the time.

I uninstalled

Winamp
app tracker
and stop media service

Not sure if this will help but what i did. You just have to find the app you installed.

B

bthomp21

i remember something posted, it has to discharge 10% or something like that. its normal.

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
I had tried Juice Defender last week and it seemed to pull the battery down even faster. I uninstalled it Saturday. Doesn't my top 3 indicate I've turned off everything I can????

Sent from my DROIDX

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It wasn't on the charger. I had taken it off the charger and went to work. I'm just surprised at the 10% drop and I wasn't really using it. Should those top 3 pull it down that fast?

Sent from my DROIDX

Unless the device is off, power use is expected.

HayWire

Reaction score
I had tried Juice Defender last week and it seemed to pull the battery down even faster. I uninstalled it Saturday. Doesn't my top 3 indicate I've turned off everything I can????

Sent from my DROIDX

Juice defender works great for me, you just have to adjust the settings to what works for you. I generally keep mine on extreme.. I don't need constant twitter, facebook updates pushing to my phone what I need is a phone that will work. With liberty and the new battery tweak I'm getting around 20 hrs of battery life in between charges.

To The OP, this happens to me pretty much every day, I think it is normal.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

When plugged in, once the phone hits 100% it stops charging and discharges until it's at/near 90%. Since the battery indicator you see is in increments of 10% you dont know exactly how fully charged it is when you unplug it.. so lets say it's actually at 92% when you take it off the charger... 60-90 mins to drop to 90% is very good.

you also have to remember that our Droids charge VERY quickly... so typically within an hour of being plugged in its fully charged and stops charging up.. at which point the screen is off for the rest of the night and it slooooowly discharges until it gets near 90% when charging begins again.

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
My day starts at 6am. I'll hit a few webpages for less than 5 minutes and pop off 3 or 4 texts. I'll do that every hour or so and by 2pm i'll be at 30%. Plus I hit the forum pretty regularly!!!! Lol. That just seems like poor battery life. I have a cradle here at work and a car charger so it's not a huge deal, but I've NEVER went anywhere close to a full day.

Sent from my DROIDX

Firehole

Reaction score
In two hours and one telephone call my phone is at 70%. I have tried changing the sysctl, battery reset, cpu tuner, & juice defender. Nothing seems to help. I love liberty 1.5 but the battery life is horrible. Any ideas??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, buy an extra battery and get a charging dock. I don't know if they make wall chargers for the X but if they do get one of those too.

Or go back to stock if the battery life was better. You know you can be rooted and not run a Custom ROM.