Phone Idle and Cell standby

Big Fate

Reaction score
I know cell standby is when you dont have good signal, so constantly looking for one drains the battery correct? But phone idle? Why does that drain so much battery for me? 32% earlier... messed with the options a bit now its down to 22%, The only thing I added is the Key pattern lock feature.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just as a point of reference, I'm showing 16% phone idle and 14% cell standby.

I have no idea what phone idle and cell standby are. Seems like it's saying the same thing, doesn't it?

Anyway, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't share my philosophy on battery usage and Android phones. Don't worry about it. People try way to hard to analyze these things and it never does any good. The best thing you can do to bring you peace of mind is just to spend 8.00 or so on a spare battery on Amazon. I'm not sure what the price is for the X but I'll bet it's inexpensive. Then check out ebay for a wall charger.

For $25.00 the peace of mind is worth it.;)

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Just as a point of reference, I'm showing 16% phone idle and 14% cell standby.

I have no idea what phone idle and cell standby are. Seems like it's saying the same thing, doesn't it?

Anyway, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't share my philosophy on battery usage and Android phones. Don't worry about it. People try way to hard to analyze these things and it never does any good. The best thing you can do to bring you peace of mind is just to spend 8.00 or so on a spare battery on Amazon. I'm not sure what the price is for the X but I'll bet it's inexpensive. Then check out ebay for a wall charger.

For $25.00 the peace of mind is worth it.;)

I'm thinking of just going extended... I stream and watch videos thru my phone alot which drains my battery like crazy..

Anyone else know what causes cell standby to drain?

I also think handcent may be a culprit for drainage...