Cell standby and how to fix it

HayWire

Reaction score
I've been doing the battery tweak test agian for kjar and this time it seems I may actually be able to drain my phone fully without having to turn it off or anything, however, as I have been monitoring the battery life and use, I see that cell standby has been high lately. I assume that has to deal with towers and my phone and how it connects to them? Is there a probem with it being so high and is there a setting I can adjust to correct it? here's a screenshot of it to see what I am speaking of.

Attachments

• 20110218095914 (1).png
    20110218095914 (1).png
    36.3 KB · Views: 724

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been doing the battery tweak test agian for kjar and this time it seems I may actually be able to drain my phone fully without having to turn it off or anything, however, as I have been monitoring the battery life and use, I see that cell standby has been high lately. I assume that has to deal with towers and my phone and how it connects to them? Is there a probem with it being so high and is there a setting I can adjust to correct it? here's a screenshot of it to see what I am speaking of.

Well for a phone that has been unplugged for 15 hours and is still at 80%, that's not to bad. The numbers on that screen are always going to add up to about 100%.

When a phone is used that little, the battery usage info is going to look screwy (in my opinion). You need to realize the info in that screen represents the percentage of the 20% drop in battery power that each of those components is responsible for. So Cell Standby has caused 7% (35% of 20%) drop in your battery and Display has caused 4% (20% of 20%) drop in the battery. If you had used the phone more, the Display and Android OS would be higher, but the Cell Standby and Phone Idle would be lower. It's still going to add up to almost 100%.

Good luck.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score

Well for a phone that has been unplugged for 15 hours and is still at 80%, that's not to bad. The numbers on that screen are always going to add up to about 100%.

When a phone is used that little, the battery usage info is going to look screwy (in my opinion). You need to realize the info in that screen represents the percentage of the 20% drop in battery power that each of those components is responsible for. So Cell Standby has caused 7% (35% of 20%) drop in your battery and Display has caused 4% (20% of 20%) drop in the battery. If you had used the phone more, the Display and Android OS would be higher, but the Cell Standby and Phone Idle would be lower. It's still going to add up to almost 100%.

Good luck.

So it's not that my phone has been searching for signal like I thought? It's normal?