Is this battery usage normal?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I see nothing about what kernel, so long as you have GB rooted and Bootstrap 2 recovery installed.

Which version of the Google Apps is the most current for the DX when you install CM7?

[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

It says it right in the title of the thread. Droid X CM7 WITH the Gingerbread Kernel. That's why you need to be on GB rooted. The 'official' CM7 says that you need to be on froyo. CVPCS hasn't made the switch over yet.

The newest Gapps is 8/25 I believe.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

It says it right in the title of the thread. Droid X CM7 WITH the Gingerbread Kernel. That's why you need to be on GB rooted. The 'official' CM7 says that you need to be on froyo. CVPCS hasn't made the switch over yet.

The newest Gapps is 8/25 I believe.

No, I meant that it didn't say anything about it being .602 versus .605 or anthing, so I assume that either is fine so long as it is rooted.

So I just bootstrap recovery and install the latest nightly? I think it is 104 or something...

cubsfan187

Reaction score
No, I meant that it didn't say anything about it being .602 versus .605 or anthing, so I assume that either is fine so long as it is rooted.

So I just bootstrap recovery and install the latest nightly? I think it is 104 or something...

Oh ok I gotcha now.

As for the nightlies, no. Don't install those over ..602/.605. Those are on the froyo kernel. Go to the market and dl rom toolbox (free) and go to rom manager in there. There will be a section in there that says Revnumbers CM7 nightlies. Open that and pick the most recent one. Then once downloaded, install it and gapps and you're good to go.

Or just go to page 263 of that thread and scroll about half way down. Revnumbers posted his newest file there. It's from yesterday. Faster then waiting on it to dl over your phone.

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, cool, I will do it that way. Installed ROM Toolbox and I will download the file that way over Wifi and install it and Gapps and see how it goes.

I didn't realize that I was on a Froyo based version before. Thanks!

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Installed the ROM and the Gapps, and the phone is stuck in the CM7 boot screen loop. Tried clearing cache, but doesn't help. Any idears?

Yes. Try doing a factory reset (data wipe) in stock recovery. You will have to re-setup your apps but that should clear it right up. Let me know if you need any more help with it.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did the full reset, pain in the butt, but now once I am all set up I can use recovery to make a backup of it set up all the way I want. I already made one before starting, so I have two "installs" I can revery back to.

Camera button works, which it didn't before, the only issue now is getting the visual voicemail to work. There is some file you have to edit every time you install a new nightly, I have to find that thread...

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Did the full reset, pain in the butt, but now once I am all set up I can use recovery to make a backup of it set up all the way I want. I already made one before starting, so I have two "installs" I can revery back to.

Camera button works, which it didn't before, the only issue now is getting the visual voicemail to work. There is some file you have to edit every time you install a new nightly, I have to find that thread...

Yeah it is a pain to do but sometimes (just like after an sbf) it needs to be done to make the system actually start over and fresh. Glad you got that part down. As for VVM, I'm not sure about that one. I've never used it so I'm not sure which file needs to be edited. If you find out which one it is (build.prop or something) I wonder if you can edit the file, save it and then push that to the phone after every install. Maybe save a little time. I'd have to check into that.

EDIT: Here's a link for the VVM to work.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-cm7/8082-verizon-wireless-visual-voice-mail.html

[URL]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=796011
[/URL]

Last edited:

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I am interested to know if this actually works. Please post back when you get it installed and let me know.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am interested to know if this actually works. Please post back when you get it installed and let me know.

Works like a champ! I edited the two lines in that file, saved it to the root of the SD card, and now when I install a new nightly I can just copy that file to the /system directory and overright whatever one is there and VVM works like it is supposed to.

Now that I have everything installed, tweaked and set up the way I want, I am using Recovery to back the system up. So now I have a full backup of stock .605 rooted, and CM7,

Thanks for the help!

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Works like a champ! I edited the two lines in that file, saved it to the root of the SD card, and now when I install a new nightly I can just copy that file to the /system directory and overright whatever one is there and VVM works like it is supposed to.

Now that I have everything installed, tweaked and set up the way I want, I am using Recovery to back the system up. So now I have a full backup of stock .605 rooted, and CM7,

Thanks for the help!

No problem at all. Glad you got it worked out and up and running. Check out the MIUI battery bar in the rom now. CM settings/interface/status bar tweaks/battery type/status bar. Nice little added feature IMO.