abnormal battery usage?

bishoy

Reaction score
my phone has been on battery power for 12 hours and 15 minutes. I am currently at 20% and was wondering if this is lower than normal, considering my phone is not used much. when i go to "battery usage" I get:

Android OS-78%
Phone Idle- 7%
cell standby-5%
display-4%
Voice calls-2%
WiFi-2%

Is android OS using 78% a little high? I usually dont reach 20% until about 2am, and that is if I am even awake that long....

I did not install any new apps recently

rjcormier

Reaction score
My android os is a power hog as well...I deleted all the Widgets and can't figure out the battery drain here at all...I am stock gb rooted

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

EastPhilly

Reaction score
Mine is similar, but I got my OS usage to drop to <50% by freezing unused apps that run through the OS (I think). That may help you out. I've been getting my battery to last just about 16 hours on light use with playing games every now and then.

rjcormier

Reaction score
I froze some of the bloat ware, use no widgets except the favorite contacts and it's still bad...I installed a battery indicator so I could see what the temp was of the battery....it was 127.4 degrees...that's way too hot. I read that at that temp it can cause your phone to auto turn off. I had no case, and had been off the charger for 3 hrs with mostly having it in my purse. I took it out to read a while and within 20-30 mins I noticed the temp....that's when I installed the app and read up on the temp...I can literally watch my percentage drop like crazy ...no games, no widgets, no Facebook.