Battery Help

OP
jbhuskers

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Trillian was just killing my battery I guess. Even with Juice Defender Ultimate, I was only gaining 10% extra. Today I'm still at 80% after unplugging at 7:30am. Are all IM programs like this? Is there a good one that doesn't eat battery?

heelsfan50

Reaction score
Dude just get the Smoda widget to toggle 3g on/off, saves alot of battery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
jbhuskers

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Dude... PERFECT thank you!!!

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Body Bagz
You brought up an interesting idea with poll vs push email. i was always under the impression that push saved battery not used it. I guess there is a happy medium, like poll every 15 is the same as pushing?

OP
jbhuskers

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Well when my screen is off, Juice Defender toggles it off. What I wanted is to keep using Trillan with 3G off, unfortunately there just isn't a work around with it. But the Smoda Widget is VERY nice, saves me from creating app profiles in Juice Defender. Appreciate it.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Body Bagz
You brought up an interesting idea with poll vs push email. i was always under the impression that push saved battery not used it. I guess there is a happy medium, like poll every 15 is the same as pushing?

For the most part, Yes...but not really. What I mean, and again this is just my persoanl preference as I do not have to have my e-mail delivered to my phone...I am not tied to my e-mail accounts as some people are due to my chosen profession.

Having said that, I choose to only have my e-mail sync when I force it manually by hitting the "sync" icon in Gmail and my other e-mail account...and I do that at most 1 time a day, usually even less. There is no setting on the phone natively that will do that..so by virtue of that not being an option, any setting other than manual is going to take more battery use..and i cant have that. I like knowing my battery will last me easily 12-15 hours of hard use, and in excess of 24 hours on normal use...:)