Bought the extended battery...BATTERY LIFE STILL NO GOOD

S

scrub175

40% left after almost 12 hours. GPS on but not used. Wifi still off, tends to still drain battery. Running 44.4% screen on 21.7% and phone 0.6%. twitter facebook widget apks from fabulous on hourly updates. all that with web surfing too. not to shabby. Tomorrow I will try with Wifi on. My bluetooth and wifi both drain the battery post leaked 2.2 update. Oh and bightness is on auto.

Nimbuzz the IM app is also a huge battery drain.

All in all very pleased with battery life upgrade for 28 or so bucks shipped.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Ok so this must be my problem. I keep checking what's eating the battery and it keeps saying "Running-100%". What does this mean and how do i stop it?

kpiskin

Reaction score
Have any of you who bought the extended battery bothered to check the capacity? The VZW site and all the other info I read (incl a Youtube video) said the extended battery (BH6X) had a capacity of 1840MAH. The battery I got in the mail today still said BH6X, but has a capacity of 1930MAH. Now I'm wondering if the guys with battery problems have this older version and the 1930 replaced it or maybe it's the other way around lol.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Aminaked-if you are referring to your post that says uncheck "use wireless networks" i have already done that.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
So here is a very odd update... as you guys saw from my posts, I
was getting 6 to 7.5 hours til my EXTENDED battery would totally die. Today i unplugged at 715am and 8pm i still had 30% left. I don't know what i did or how but i am happy. Although i did use my phone less today than usual but not much less.

Amagine

Reaction score
I dunno. I'm on a regular batter and I got around 12 hours before I hit 10% Course, if you can find the 2.2 update. That helps a TON. trust me.. when the offical version comes out.. battery issues will be a thing of the past till overclocking.
I've used it pretty heavy too.
Facebook (mobile.. not the app), trillian, slacker and a couple games during lunch... I might add slacker was going for about 3 hours STRAIGHT at one point.

rgb2448

Reaction score
Ok so this must be my problem. I keep checking what's eating the battery and it keeps saying "Running-100%". What does this mean and how do i stop it?
That means that your phone is not sleeping when the screen is off, when you are on the page that says running 100%, go to the top where it says other usage and change it to partial wake usage and see if you have an app on the top that is showing alot of usage and that may be your problem.

illb1u2

Reaction score
Goto bat manager turn data down to 15 min time out i also u a brightness widget indoors turn on low outside on high no problems with 15-18 hours fb and pocket express no wifi going

S

scrub175

I'm pretty sure 2.2 fixed the no sleep bug for GPS, but wifi and bluetooth still contribute to no sleep mode. After some testing GPS bug is fixed. Now what I'm seeing is wifi and bluetooth running 100% when they are toggled on. The main phone "running" may show some sleep time but wifi and bluetooth are 100% running which makes sense. Wifi stays connected all the time or is seeking when not on a network, so that contributes to battery loss. The bluetooth is always on also to allow communication with an ear piece when there is a call while the phone is sleeping.

Bottom line is, don't simply rely on gps off (2.2 users) to ensure sleep mode is entered. Wifi and bluetooth (simply by the nature of their always ready state) will contribute to battery loss. If those have been eliminated from no sleep mode then start with apps and widgets. Nimbuzz was a huge battery drain. Google earth was another drain. it appears that services requiring real time updates may also contribute to no sleep or partial battery drain. The OG droid seemed to manage those services a lil better. Or maybe I didn't pay close enough attention to them on the droid.

Update: with wifi on my phone would not enter sleep mode and had 100% running for both the phone and wifi. The times that are shown when you select each service also matched at 40 minutes or so.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Normally you can leave wifi and gps settings on all the time. I do on my droid 1. This is a bug. Follow my suggestions to work around it. Motorola is working on a fix.

S

scrub175

Normally you can leave wifi and gps settings on all the time. I do on my droid 1. This is a bug. Follow my suggestions to work around it. Motorola is working on a fix.

If you are referring to me I understand its a bug. and I'm saying 2.2 didn't fix the wifi bug. GPS is fixed though. So for new folks that are skimming through and think 2.2 fixed the sleep issue, with GPS it did, but there are other sleep/drain issues that could explain why their battery is still dying with gps off.

rgb2448

Reaction score

If you are referring to me I understand its a bug. and I'm saying 2.2 didn't fix the wifi bug. GPS is fixed though. So for new folks that are skimming through and think 2.2 fixed the sleep issue, with GPS it did, but there are other sleep/drain issues that could explain why their battery is still dying with gps off.

What do you have your wifi sleep policy set to. Menu/network/wifi settings/menu/advanced.