Apple Watch Review

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have to say that not only is it the best Apple Watch review, but it's definitely one of the best reviews ever that I've watched. This guy (and/or his editing and production staff), did an excellent job of making me feel like I was using the watch and also suffering from the same frustrations he did. The role-playing was beyond excellent. It was perfect. The entire style where they mixed narrative and demo with hands-on use and active dialogue to the camera from the reviewer is an extremely effective way to communicate. I felt like I was actually with him in the gym, at the bar, or even actually being him virtually everwhere in the review.

I think the Verge did a fantastic job here and others should take advice and learn from this.

As for the watch itself, I am very happy that I'm using the Moto 360 and Android Wear, although still in it's infancy seems to be far more "baked" than the Apple Watch software, so bravo on the review and double-bravo on not being an Apple fanboy for me! :D

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totally agree. Loved the "bar scene". Very well done.
Love my G Watch, too. Surely will probably upgrade at Xmas. Easy gift for the wife to get me.
But they are a niche. And since Apple excels at "niche" this will do well.
Which is good for everyone: Sammy + Tizen, Fitbit, AW and even Pebble.

TapaTurbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola talks Android Wear update confirms the Moto 360 will work on Wi-Fi

Motorola talks Android Wear update – confirms the Moto 360 will work on Wi-Fi
April 21, 2015 3:11:04 AM
moto-360-header.jpeg

Google’s announcement overnight of an upcoming update to Android Wear has gotten a number of people rather excited. Of course the manufacturers are excited too and Motorola is excited. They’ve taken to their blog to talk over the new updates and has confirmed that the Moto 360 will definitely be able to make use of the Wi-Fi component of the update.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Does our watch have dormant Wi-Fi?

TapaTurbo

Yea, I found this:
Wearables Teardown War LG G Watch vs Samsung Gear Live iFixit

So we are officially outdated when this update hits. :(

TapaTurbo

So sorry guys and gals. But this is definitely a step in the right direction.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I still don't want to be staring and tapping on my wrist all day while trying to read content on a tiny screen, but that's me. To each their own.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I still don't want to be staring and tapping on my wrist all day while trying to read content on a tiny screen, but that's me. To each their own.

S5 tap'n
Hey, I hear you but I can say that for the most part the notifications I use the watch for are quick glance to see if I need the phone, or to dismiss a call, text, etc. It's really a better took IMHO if used as an extension of the phone to eliminate the nuisance notifications.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

S5 tap'n
If I had a dime for everyone who said that about a tiny screen and then changed their tune after seeing my watch... Like my 60 year old office manager...

TapaTurbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So sorry guys and gals. But this is definitely a step in the right direction.
It is. But you still can't use all Reply, Delete, etc. functionality on WiFi if the app generating the notification doesn't support it. Like Tapatalk, which most of us use to post here. At least for me all I can do from my watch is Open On Phone and Dismiss. So even if my watch was on WiFi connected to my phone and I was away from my phone I still couldn't rely to a post. It is a step forward, and a needed one, but there is still limited functionality in my opinion. Unless I am missing something somewhere.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Like I said, "that's just me". It's simply not a "must have" for me. I've been wearing watches for the past 30 years, but I look down at it maybe 3-4 times throughout the day. That, and I don't feel the need to be notified of a message "as soon as it arrives". If I don't get to a message for two hours than so be it.
Again, that's just me. It works for some people that's great.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Like I said, "that's just me". It's simply not a "must have" for me. I've been wearing watches for the past 30 years, but I look down at it maybe 3-4 times throughout the day. That, and I don't feel the need to be notified of a message "as soon as it arrives". If I don't get to a message for two hours than so be it.
Again, that's just me. It works for some people that's great.

S5 tap'n
And I truly respect that. Many of us are far more dependent on our mobile communication. If a Realtor emails me and I don't respond immediately, then it's a serious of texts. No reply there and it's voicemail. So for me the watch let's me reply or screen very quickly.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Humm I may have to get one for the wife.....