Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Can you imaging getting home and powering on the laptop for the first time. You get through the set up to see you have like 15% battery life left and the warnings are going off. SO you look through the box for the charger and then look through the packaging seeing if it got lost in that. Only to see on the box in small print "Charger sold separately".
(reminds me of the old handheld gaming system, because it would be too much to include a set of batteries :rolleyes: )
tigerhand1.jpg

Man, the comments people would have for the new macbook would be awesome.
Nintendo 3Ds is like that. It's a common practice in Japan to not include a charger to save on packaging costs. They did that here on the new 3Ds and everyone rioted.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Verge has a video of them playing with a working model of the Apple Watch.

I watched the video. Here is my two cents worth (or no sense...either or). It's a nice looking watch, I will give them that. Probably a little "dressier" & "classier" than my G watch, but no more classy or dressy than the Moto 360 selling at $249. I like the idea of the crown button, that is a handy feature. But scrolling on the screen is not difficult either. The crown might be handy but it also looks like it would dig into the back of your hand as your wrist flexes? I like the fact that you can zoom in & out on apps, that was cool. The tap hard - second tap feature they mentioned to get into watch faces - can do the same on my G watch (didn't know that until I watched the video). So all in all...nice watch...but other than the app zoom I didn't see much more that it can do at $350 - $550 than my $88.00 G watch can do.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have to disagree with CR6 that Word Processing on a tablet is hard. My $400 Windows tablet is simply a breeze to do "real work" on. Asus, of course, with the attached, perfectly workable keyboard. Barring all that, I can also get a dock for it and connect it to a mouse monitor, and keyboard. So my $400 absolutely could replace my work laptop. Hasn't. Won't because my work PC is a dual screened monster with an i7 proccy.... After the boss got me this he might balk if I ask for a docking station for my personal tablet. :D
___

Also agree with Sajo, the iWatch is pretty. Of course, my favorite is.... $10,000.
But even the cheap one is not "worth that kind of money pretty" when we have the G watch R, the 360, the Zenwatch and the new LG Urbane...
And I only paid $100 for my $230 watch.
It's really telling when even 80% (rough guess after briefly skimming a Mac forum) of the Mac Faithful are like "um...no..."

Android Wear needs to release Apple compatibility right now! Actually NEEDED to months ago... if Pebble can...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My $400 Windows tablet is simply a breeze to do "real work" on. Asus, of course, with the attached, perfectly workable keyboard. Barring all that, I can also get a dock for it and connect it to a mouse monitor, and keyboard. So my $400 absolutely could replace my work laptop. Hasn't. Won't because my work PC is a dual screened monster with an i7 proccy.... After the boss got me this he might balk if I ask for a docking station for my personal tablet. :D

Was going to buy a windows tablet because they said it runs X86 programs. Are you able to use it for adb/fastboot commands. That is my issue with the chromebook.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I haven't but I have absolutely no doubt that it would.

Turbo Tap'n

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't but I have absolutely no doubt that it would.

Turbo Tap'n

Ill try it, which wind tablet you have. I was planning on snagging the vivo tab note.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Amazon.com ASUS Transformer Book 10.1 T100TAM-H1-GM Detachable 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop 32GB 500GB GREY METAL Computers Accessories

That's the other reason I wouldn't use it for work. I have the 32GB one only without the extra 500GB hard drive. Which is fine for what I do with it personally, but not for work.

//EDIT// Actually mine is 64GB which is plenty for what I do and using DropBox/Cloud Storage.
I'm still careful about what I install on it. And it has a card slot, too, and normal USB for Flash Memory...

//EDIT2// The FREE Offfice 2013 (not subscription) was a big selling point.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I watched the video.

I just watched. As I said it looks nice. About the only thing I like better then mine is the "notification wall" thing. How you can scroll down through all at once nice and smoothly, unlike Android Wear where you need to address each app notice one at a time. That would be nice to scroll through them all and then address them if I want.
A DISMISS ALL would be nice (which I just thought of).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just watched. As I said it looks nice. About the only thing I like better then mine is the "notification wall" thing. How you can scroll down through all at once nice and smoothly, unlike Android Wear where you need to address each app notice one at a time. That would be nice to scroll through them all and then address them if I want.
A DISMISS ALL would be nice (which I just thought of).
I have the notification wall and Dismiss All on my S and Fit. I don't have the wheel knob but don't need it. Just swipe left from home screen and they're there and I can tap whichever to open the said app. On the Fit it's swipe down and they're there.
uploadfromtaptalk1426023551031.png

70c73a59336ad9301b950af60085172a.jpg

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just noticed I have this
uploadfromtaptalk1426081902997.png
on my watch.
Possible lawsuit in the making?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So Apple-like. Adapter for this, proprietary connector for that, only compatible with this or that. So sick of manufactures trying to create micro-monopolies by making their products non-compliant and instead creating their own "standards". By the way, what happened to the so-called "law" that was supposed to make Micro USB a mandatory power connector for all phones? Apple, not so.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
So Apple-like. Adapter for this, proprietary connector for that, only compatible with this or that. So sick of manufactures trying to creature create micro-monopolies by making their products non-compliant and instead creating their own "standards"...

I agree 100%. It's prevalent in every consumer device in one way or another, and it's annoying to the N-th degree. They try to make this silly little product eco-system that only succeeds in two things... becoming a hinderance to consumer choice, and quickly thereafter, prematurely obsolete/abandoned .

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I wouldn't say every.
But I do remember Sony's memory sticks. Anybody want one? Cheap? :D

Turbo Tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say every.
But I do remember Sony's memory sticks. Anybody want one? Cheap? :D

Turbo Tap'n
My Sony p&s holds both a standard sd and a Sony card (memory stick) but I never bought any Sony cards for it to take advantage of 2 cards at once. They were too expensive.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was listening to a local radio morning show this morning and they were discussing the new iWatch with listeners and describing all of the amazing "new" smart watch technology. They sounded like they were in complete awe that a watch has some of these "cool, new features". I couldn't help but laugh to myself as they described things that the iWatch will now let people do. The whole time I was thinking to myself "Yep, my LG G watch can do all of that and has been able to for months now". I tried to call in and let them know that AW has been around for a while now and can also do all of those amazing things. But...I couldn't get through and realized that they probably wouldn't care anyway.

Last edited: