The Apple Watch is here, I said the Apple Watch is here

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
apple-watch-6_1.jpg

Today Apple showed off their watch to the public and I will admit there are some things I do like about their interface. For those looking to purchase an Apple Watch for a family member you will be looking at a price ranging from $349 - $10,000. It will be interesting to see some real world reviews of the battery life as well as how it handle the different apps. Below this post I will post a few videos of the watch.

For more info feel free to check out our sister-site here: Apple Watch Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
just read over those Apple notes...how mind boggling dull. you know why they limited it to macs only, because mac users are so self contained in the apple universe they have no idea what good hardware is.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pretty much dislike it for the same reasons the Fanboys will love it: Because of the Apple emblem on the back. :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good. Now Samsung, since they clone everything Apple, will put the power/home button on the side with their next generation so it'll feel more like a watch when you power/home the thing.
Some folks I work with know nothing about the watch other than it's Apple and they've already stated they'll be waiting in line on release day.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I pretty much dislike it for the same reasons the Fanboys will love it: Because of the Apple emblem on the back. :)

Hahaha
Even though I have no desire to buy I do like seeing their vision of the smart watch. With tech even the no name companies can come up with an idea that may be so good it out live the tech company.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good. Now Samsung, since they clone everything Apple, will put the power/home button on the side with their next generation so it'll feel more like a watch when you power/home the thing.
Some folks I work with know nothing about the watch other than it's Apple and they've already stated they'll be waiting in line on release day.

How many of those people looked at you sideways when you told them how much you paid for your Samsung Watch?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did any one else notice the lag when scrolling? That is not very Apple like.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did any one else notice the lag when scrolling? That is not very Apple like.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that it may have been a pre-production software. I am waiting for it to hit the market for reviews. But yeah it would be messed up to have paid 10,000 for lag and poor battery life (rumored from testers).

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
$550 for one without a rubber band???!? Uh... #fail

I'm guessing regular bands won't work...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that it may have been a pre-production software. I am waiting for it to hit the market for reviews. But yeah it would be messed up to have paid 10,000 for lad and poor battery life (rumored from testers).

The watch tops out at $17000. I was thinking that the person who drops north of $10k for the watch won't give a hoot about the battery life. It's purely a status symbol. No doubt the people wearing the $10k+ Watch Edition will be WEALTHY folks who see $10k as just "walking around" money.

Some people are saying that they could buy a Rolex instead, but the person who buys the top tier version of the watch already has a few Rolexes. This is not meant for the payment plan/layaway crowd. What it does is give cache to the lower end models. The bottom rung Apple watch and the mid-tier all steel models will become status separators. People have shown interest and will no doubt know the prices. When you see someone wearing it there will be no doubt as to the price. This is the way shallow people will think and it's going to be successful. The Apple Watch Fanboi social status pecking order will be:

Watch Edition > Watch > Watch Sport > No Apple Watch (The Poors)

It's shallow, but that's the way it will be.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was wondering how long it would take for an iWatch thread on here. :cool:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is a good (NSFW - bad language) picture of an AW face in the LG G watch thread that we can all now put on our AW watches to let people know that we do not have an iWatch. :)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the way shallow people will think and it's going to be successful. The Apple Watch Fanboi social status pecking order will be:

Watch Edition > Watch > Watch Sport > No Apple Watch (The Poors)

It's shallow, but that's the way it will be.

Ooh, Ooh, I know where I am in that list. I guess I'll have to wait to find a gold plated Chinese knock off for $.98 in order to get the status I DESERVE!

Reactions: cr6