OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Both scratches are on the screen.

I don't care about the bodies or the bands at all. Only the glass.

//EDIT// Apple is replacing his watch and he is getting a screen protector.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both scratches are on the screen.

I don't care about the bodies or the bands at all. Only the glass.

//EDIT// Apple is replacing his watch and he is getting a screen protector.
The ones on my Fit and S are both beaten to snot now but the screens are still perfect. The bodies and bands on both are pretty dinged up as well

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A co-worker got his Apple watch Monday. He was like "I got it" and showed me his wrist. My initial thought was TINY. I had a couple of minutes and he wasn't with a customer so I asked him to give me a tutorial. It's got a really nice looking display, fonts and graphics are really nicely done. From the box it seems like Apple is targeting the fitness crowd more than the gadget crowd. In typical Apple fanboism that he always does, he marveled at the charging cord is 3' long, ignoring that he needs "to use it twice a day" in his words. He was honest about 1 thing, that being he's already ordered a screen protector , even though touted as not needing one, and he admitted it isn't a huge deal to have because of its functionality.
We talked for a moment about apps and he said, knowing how they operate on his watch and phone, that over time they have gotten faster as they build cache on the phone
If I had one of those the, by far, most used thing would be zoom knob on the side. Without him zooming I couldn't make out anything other than his heart rate on the tracker. It won't jump out at the crowd and say "look at me" like iPods did when first released but with my 51 year old eyes I just couldn't see myself using something that small , no matter how great it is or isn't.
It's a nice looking, low profile, watch but too small for me.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
3 feet IS long for a typical Apple cord. Sadly.

TapaTurbo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 feet IS long for a typical Apple cord. Sadly.

TapaTurbo
Which to me said that's a clue you'll be using it often, didn't have to say it cuz he did

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Gramesmith

Reaction score
I really like the review. You have created a nice review on Apple watch. But honestly I don't like the Apple watch. It seems bit expensive to me. I think Android wear like Modular smart watch is much more innovative than Apple watch.