Apple Crippling iPhones Again With Another Update

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
13219-7815-appleinsider-l.jpg

These forums are centered around Android and as such is the perfect haven for true Android fanboys. While I personally have nothing against Apple (how could I there are Apple products all over my house) it is fun to poke fun at them when they mess up! Last year Apple bricked thousands of phones with an update. The update didn't actually brick phones but it was a pretty nasty day for Apple.

The update hit iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices rendering touch ID useless which meant people were unable to get into their phones. It killed data and calls which made the phones of the users who received the update useless. Needless to say the update was pulled hours after the release.

It looks like they have released a faulty update again. This update could have cost people their jobs! The update conveniently hit phones last night. It had a bug which disabled the phone's alarm. This means that people who had set their alarm woke up the next day late into the morning! Try giving that excuse to your Boss. So far there has been no official statement from iPhone on this issue. The problem apparently only exists in the update and goes away once you have updated to 9.1.

via Appleinsider

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, this is one thing I really did consider in deciding to stick with Android. It's not that there are never bad updates, but at least they don't get pushed on an almost monthly basis--updates in general--forcing the users to play Russian Roulette with the ability to actually use the device.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
o_O:eek::rolleyes::D:p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I live in a household surrounded by iPhones. I've become an "Apple genius" not by choice, but necessity. It's sad to see that with each update that Apple pushes slowly kills their devices. Both my parents have an iPhone 6 and they've been slowed down just a bit with each update. Meanwhile my 2012 Nexus 7 seems to be running KitKat fine, though I admit Lollipop did slow it down to a bit of a crawl.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I refused to EVER buy any apple device aside from the one ipod I bought my ex in 2006, she still has it, and it still works. When I was married I told my wife she'd never be allowed to have an iphone as long as we were together, she still doesn't have one and refuses to use their products.

mission accomplished

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I refused to EVER buy any apple device aside from the one ipod I bought my ex in 2006, she still has it, and it still works. When I was married I told my wife she'd never be allowed to have an iphone as long as we were together, she still doesn't have one and refuses to use their products.

mission accomplished
I had the same rule. She bought one the same day we broke up. LOL I don't have any iPads, pods, toys, books, whatever. Nothing in my house is apple.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
"It just works" is my favorite argument from an iPhone user. Granted, most of these aren't fanboys, just someone who doesn't know any better. Cracks me up.

I didn't click through to the source, but when I saw this story elsewhere, I was under the impression that this issue affected folks who CHOSE to start the update when they went to bed, thinking it'd be installed and everything would be rosy in the morning.

Anyway, I had a gf years ago who finally decided to get a smartphone. She wouldn't let me go with her. She got an iphone. A month or so later, I offer to update the stupid thing for her. First, this was still when you had to plug it in to the computer and update through iTunes. Lame. Second, it wiped the damn thing. What kinda update wipes a device? I can see choosing to do an FDR after an update and have experienced android updates that pretty much required an FDR, but the update itself destroying all of your data?

Now, making people miss alarms? Of all things, a simple little alarm?

It just works.

mfloyd

Reaction score
Wife iPhone 6 did this a week ago. I thought it was from the jailbreak the previous night but I see it wasn't my fault :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk