Anyone else's D2 freeze and reboot on them for no reason?

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if its just me or not, but does anyone have a clue as to why my D2 randomly freezes, goes black, and then reboots itself at various points during the day? Does anyone else have this problem? Its happened at least 4 times today and its been like that for a few weeks. I can tell when its about to happen because the lights for the "menu, home, back and search button" on the bottom stay lit and I cant press them nor can I press anything on the screen and pressing the lock button does nothing.

Some background info:
-I am not rooted
-Im not sure if this is the reason, but I'm running launcherpro the paid one and widgetlocker.

Other than that I see no reason as to why my phone keeps doing it.

Any input would be great. Thanks

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
You are not alone my screen goes black and unresponsive then I try pressing the power button and nothing happens a few minutes later phone reboots

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

joe000

Reaction score
Yea mine to pain in the ass it always seems to happen when I need to make a call it happens about once a day

OP
P

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
wow ok its a relief that im not alone, but at the same time sucks because we still have the problem.
im trying to rule a few things out so are you both running launcherpro or some other type of home replacement?
I cant really put my thumb on a specific reason as to why it happens so im just throwing some possible stuff out there

devinhfox

Reaction score
Happens to me too. Using launcher pro

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This question does get asked frequently but I'll be happy to answer again.

If your D2 is resetting on it's own, something is wrong. Now that doesn't mean run back to the Verizon Store you probably have an app causing an issue. The two most notorious are Task Killers and antivirus. if you are running either of those remove them.

That may or may not fix the problem. If it doesn't you need to do a hard factory data reset. Run your Droid for a couple of days with just the stock apps. If there is no reset then slowly start adding your apps again. Once you have reinstalled the apps take notice as to when it starts restarting again. You should be able to identify the problem application.

If it does reset immediately after doing a factory data reset, then take the phone back.

OP
P

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
thank you for your help! i did actually have lookout running with the antivirus part. I disabled it but kept the missing device part activated. would that be alright or do i have to remove lookout entirely?

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
This happens to my droid 2 every few days and I actually am running Lookout antivirus and task killer lol. I'll try uninstalling them to see if that helps.

rustydogg

Reaction score
How did you guys even get Launcher pro to run on a unrooted phone?
I tried installing it before I flashed Liberty 1.5 to mine and it didn't work.
The screen would just go black I think. All I remember is that it didn't work so I took if off.

jfrancis

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had this exact same problem, and it was infuriating. However, switching from Launcher Pro to ADW Launcher EX solved it for me.

Regards,
John Francis

Reaction score
This problem has been plaguing my phone for such an incredibly long time. There will be periods of weeks where it won't reboot a single time, then there will be some days where it does it 3 times a day, several times a week.

I am running the paid version of launcherpro and I have lookout too. I've been unable to pinpoint the problem so far. I have found that when I end all tasks, that the problem goes away for a few hours. The four lights on the bottom don't stay lit, freeze, and possibly reboot my phone. I'm going to disable the antivirus part of lookout though and just keep it for the backup part.

OP
P

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
alright well heres my update:

ive listened to hookbill's comment and i disabled lookout. I just disabled the antivirus part and kept the missing device and backup parts still activated. I am still running launcherpro the paid version and everything is actually working smoothly for me.

i havent had one reboot since nor has the screen frozen. the menu, home, back, and search button lights have not stayed lit while i lock the phone and everything is working swell. Im glad that its going well, only time will tell though if i really fixed the problem.

ive been running launcherpro for quite a while, since i got the phone actually and my problems havent started since a few weeks back so it cant be launcherpro..at least in my case. so im definitely thinking its the antivirus

OP
P

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
This problem has been plaguing my phone for such an incredibly long time. There will be periods of weeks where it won't reboot a single time, then there will be some days where it does it 3 times a day, several times a week.

I am running the paid version of launcherpro and I have lookout too. I've been unable to pinpoint the problem so far. I have found that when I end all tasks, that the problem goes away for a few hours. The four lights on the bottom don't stay lit, freeze, and possibly reboot my phone. I'm going to disable the antivirus part of lookout though and just keep it for the backup part.

deleted. misread the very end of your post. as i said above i think the disabling of antivirus should do it, also like hookbill said it could be the task killer.

tb110895

Reaction score
I had this problem for so long with lookout installed, then I uninstalled about a week or so ago. I didn't notice that it stopped rebooting itself till I read Hook's comment. Thanks, now I know not to reinstall! dancedroid

khelek

Reaction score
I've just noticed this problem myself and was excited to see suggestions it might be because of lookout since I have it installed. However I've actually had the antivirus disabled and the problem occurs anyway. But I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk