D2 Losing Data Connection?

BlueMagicSS

Reaction score
My D2 Loses a data connection sometimes at random, I've noticed it does it at least twice a day or so for about an hour or more, sometimes I can reboot the phone and it will come back, anyone else have this problem? I've had the same issue on my previous D2 as well which was stock, unrooted. This D2 is Rooted, running the Fission 2.5.7 ROM, no overclock.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used to lose it on Wireless Tether, but since changing to wired, I haven't at all.

AngusW

Reaction score
My D2 Loses a data connection sometimes at random, I've noticed it does it at least twice a day or so for about an hour or more, sometimes I can reboot the phone and it will come back, anyone else have this problem? I've had the same issue on my previous D2 as well which was stock, unrooted. This D2 is Rooted, running the Fission 2.5.7 ROM, no overclock.

I've had similar issues sometimes even while in apps that I'd loose the connection or the connection would freeze. I just got off the phone with VZW and they're replacing my D2 since it's still under warranty. I get the new one Monday.

Runt1970

Reaction score
Fixed mine

I know this sounds really simple, but my Droid2 was doing the same thing. Would keep 3G for maybe a half and hour, sometimes longer... and then Poof. Till I opened the phone and it automatically would reconnect.

This is what the Verizon store told me. They told me to check my battery settings. I checked and it was set to Maximum Battery Saver. I switched it to Nighttime Saver and it hasn't lost 3G since.

Hope this helps.

daimien

Reaction score
I know this sounds really simple, but my Droid2 was doing the same thing. Would keep 3G for maybe a half and hour, sometimes longer... and then Poof. Till I opened the phone and it automatically would reconnect.

This is what the Verizon store told me. They told me to check my battery settings. I checked and it was set to Maximum Battery Saver. I switched it to Nighttime Saver and it hasn't lost 3G since.

Hope this helps.

I did a reset on my d2 had the same problem after reset no more problems. Worth a try

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums