Daily resarting my D2

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I'm afraid you are incorrect. I have blur and I do not have any issue like that. If the OP follows the instructions I gave them they will be fine.

Afraid not. Motoblur is a customized rom. Apps are written for stock android. Some of these apps conflict with the customized Motoblur. The reason you are not experiencing it is because you don't have any conflicting apps installed. Music apps and apps that mess with the lock screen seem to be a common source of the reboots, most likely conflicting with the modified motoblur lockscreen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Blur isn't a custom rom really so much as an overlay that Moto puts over stock Android. There are alot of problems with blur, mostly because it is very resource intensive and leaks what resources it does pull.

@op there are no anti-virus/task killers that wont cause problems. The first link in my signature explains why you don't need an AV and there's a great explanation in a thread titled" googles answer to task killers" (think that's the name). Basically though the reason for nat having AV is because linux is not like windows. It is much more secure. The only way that malicious apps can get in is if YOU install it. Just check permissions when you install, don't pirate apps, don't install apps from sources you don't trust. For task killers, the native one built into android is better than any third party one. It is also different than a pc. Empty ram on a droid is wasted ram.

Sent from a D2G running my rom

Nobody except motorola can tell you exactly what motoblur is, but as someone very familiar with Android programming, I am 99.99% sure it is a custom rom in the same way a Bugless Beast or a Cyanogen is. The settings are completely different, the lockscreen, the theming of the stock apps, the custom keyboards, these are all trademarks of a custom rom.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk