had D2 for about a year.

OP
M

MND2

Reaction score
Haha. I have a house analogy I use too droidDOES. That's awesome. Its also like having a car that really goes 150mph but has a govenor on it, restricting it to 50mph. Wouldn't you want to Take that govenor off and have control over how fast you go and use the cars full potential for performance? Of course!
Also, you said you got a replacement from VZW. They sometimes will send a droid 2 global instead of a d2 (and they look alike) so make sure it's a d2 before flashing a rom. Rooting is easy on the d2. Dl z4root (pm me if you need it) and install it. Open it and hit permanent root and you're done (more or less). Of course, educate yourself. Everyone is here to help each other!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9 (Blacked out-red theme)

how do i figure out if my D2 is a D2 global or not?
i have a car that will go 150 mph lol but i would never come close to going that fast in it. but it sure would be nice to have my cell phone be fully capible of everything that people say it is capible of doing..

OP
M

MND2

Reaction score
ive read around and some people say with the Z4root,you can uninstall it instead of doing a premanent root? since its a work phone and im usually not the best with cell phones (i drop them quite frequently) would it be a good idea to to the "temporary root" instead of the permamnent root?

the only apps i have downloaded are: Go launcher E,minimalistic text...other then that thats really all i have downloaded (i have downloaded flashlight,facebook and maybe 1 or 2 other apps) im still open for suggestions to download good task managers and what not.
ive noticed with the Go launcher that under the "running" section there is always like 15 to 20 apps running. i kill alot of them but sooner or later they come back! lol any tips???

thanks!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Temporary root will only give you root access until you reboot.

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Temporary root will only give you root access until you reboot.

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

+1
Also, the only "task manager" you need is your back button.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha. I have a house analogy I use too droidDOES. That's awesome. Its also like having a car that really goes 150mph but has a govenor on it, restricting it to 50mph. Wouldn't you want to Take that govenor off and have control over how fast you go and use the cars full potential for performance? Of course!
Also, you said you got a replacement from VZW. They sometimes will send a droid 2 global instead of a d2 (and they look alike) so make sure it's a d2 before flashing a rom. Rooting is easy on the d2. Dl z4root (pm me if you need it) and install it. Open it and hit permanent root and you're done (more or less). Of course, educate yourself. Everyone is here to help each other!

i have a car that will go 150 mph lol but i would never come close to going that fast in it. but it sure would be nice to have my cell phone be fully capible of everything that people say it is capible of doing..

Well, you know what i mean. If you bought the phone, you should own it for real, not just a little ;)
Go to settings/about phone and there it will tell you if it's a d2g.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

OP
M

MND2

Reaction score

Well, you know what i mean. If you bought the phone, you should own it for real, not just a little ;)
Go to settings/about phone and there it will tell you if it's a d2g.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

lol i knew what you meant lol. thanks for the help everyone. im guna do a little research into this and when i have questions,i will know who to ask!