Who cares about the D2?!?!

AfterGlow

Reaction score
Just picked up my D2 last week and have spent the majority of my time researching all of the things that I can do/accessories I can pick up to make it even cooler than it is. Having said that I have one question:

Why does it feel like the D2 is the neglected stepchild of the Droid family??? I have found more accessories and apps/roms for the Incedible and the DX than I can even begin to remember. What gives man? Didn't the D2 come out before the X???

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just picked up my D2 last week and have spent the majority of my time researching all of the things that I can do/accessories I can pick up to make it even cooler than it is. Having said that I have one question:

Why does it feel like the D2 is the neglected stepchild of the Droid family??? I have found more accessories and apps/roms for the Incedible and the DX than I can even begin to remember. What gives man? Didn't the D2 come out before the X???
:welcome: to the forum!

The D2 is basically the D1 with a faster processor, better WiFi chip, more RAM/ROM space, and Motoblur. It's hard to get as excited over an update of a classic than it is the introduction of a totally new model.

As such, most of the same accessories work on the D2 that worked on the D1, and since the D2 has a locked bootloader the ROMs are harder to make.

As for apps, well, almost everything should work on the D2.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No...the DX came out months before the Droid 2 and has had more developer attention too, as far as apps they should work on all Android devices

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thread Moved to Droid 2 General Discussions

OP
A

AfterGlow

Reaction score
Ahhh, I see. I am mistaken then. I suppose this makes a little more sense. I had At&t for years and an iPhone before this until At&t stopped working in my subdivision entirely and I spent upwards to 25 hours on the phone with tech and customer service before they would wave the early termination fees. I am in no way shape or form normally an Apple guy so the Android system is a refreshing change. Thanks for the welcome guys.

lwaples

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Droid to the R2D2 and it came with a 8gb. I defiantly switched it with my 16gb from my original Droid and sold it on craigslist. This phone has chronic bugs, its good but doesn't seem like fixes are going to come from Verizon anytime soon. Like the phone freezes, contact pictures load slowly, Facebook contact pictures, the time I get text messages are 3 hours off. I have tried calling Verizon and they are clueless and trying to replace my R2D2 with a regular Droid 2. I really do think they do treat this like this like the step child. You don't put something out with a special edition name on it with this many bugs.

Rated_R

Reaction score
The Lg Ally is a step child as well. That phone would have been a contender with a 1ghz proc. Such a shame.