noob quest about rooting the D2

zero7404

Reaction score
what is an sbf ?
been reading around here that there isnt one for the d2.
i have a D1, which i rooted using the Root Droid 1 - regardless ... method. how does rooting the D1 compare to rooting the D2 with the methods available ?

is one more like a work around to a straight up os load, patching the f/s or neither ?
i am happy without root, but there are some apps i like such as wireless tether.

i have a new D2 sitting at home. im just on the fence about activating it. i prefer an oem exp. without the motoblur ui tweaks.

i see fission is vanilla and lean, which is good for the fone, but i think a custom rom is risky for the D2 since its still fairly new

the more details i know the better

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is an SBF available for the D2. The D2 isn't hard to work with, just not as lenient as the D1.

You can download z4root over on XDA for a one click root on the D2.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks. im technical and somewhat linux savvy but also have an appreciation for the way oem's handle things and why.

if anyone can point me to threads that define the abc's of how/what concerning the d2 root process and roms available, that would be awesome ... the more i kno about what im doing to the fone the better

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i know how to do it. just looking for tech info and differences/cautions with root and the various roms avail.