Folders won't open - Bug

Reaction score
UPDATE:***
Someone told me how to reproduce the issue.
To reproduce the issue do the following:
1. Select a folder.
2. Select an app.
3. Pull out the keyboard on your Droid 2 so it goes into Landscape.
4. Press the Home button.
5. Try to open that same folder.

Based off the small amount of information I have, I think this bug might be because of LauncherPro but I'm not certain.

I'm not sure what causes the problem, I've been trying to pinpoint it since early/mid january, but it has something to do with when I open a folder, and I select an application. Some time later, if I try to re open that folder, it will refuse to open. It'll select it and put that orange glow around it, but do nothing, and I'll tap the folder repeatedly. (It affects all my folders regardless of which app I select) This is a major annoyance. It happens multiple times a day, every day, and the only way to fix it is to press menu, preferences, and restart LauncherPro.

I've been trying every possible idea I can think of to recreate it but it never does it on command. The only correlation I can see is when I open up the folder and use an app in there.

Open the folder, select the app and hit the homescreen. Folder works fine.

Open the folder, select the app, hit the back button which returns me to the homescreen. Folder works fine.

Open the folder, select an app, hold the home button down and switch to a different app, then press the home button. Folder works fine.

What I think is happening, is that when I select the app, if I use the app for a long enough time, the folder which was open now disappears and doesn't let me "close" it, which is why when I press the folder it only highlights it and does nothing since the phone thinks its still open.

Does this happen to anybody else? Does this happen to other phones using LauncherPro? I'm using the latest version of LauncherPro.

I'm not sure if this affects Motoblur's folder system.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The latest version of Launcher Pro ate my stock dialer. Fortunately, I found a suitable one (Dialer 1) in the market to replace it. I haven't had any problems opening files though...yet...

Edit: I've made a poor assumption at the Launcher Pro devs expense. After researching I've learned that the stock dialer won't operate at a LCD density lower than my D2G's stock value. After reverting, my stock dialer reappeared again. Whoopsie! Sorry LP devs...

OP
R
Reaction score
I've just learned how to reproduce the issue. It appears to be a problem with LauncherPro itself. Since it is affecting original Droid's too.

To reproduce the issue do the following:
1. Select a folder.
2. Select an app.
3. Pull out the keyboard on your Droid 2 so it goes into Landscape.
4. Press the Home button.
5. Try to open that same folder.

I've verified this multiple times now. I'm going to add it to the original post.

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
It's def not LPro. My D1 did it occasionally and now my D2G is doing it even more. I don't run LPro on either. VERY irritating

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
R
Reaction score
It's def not LPro. My D1 did it occasionally and now my D2G is doing it even more. I don't run LPro on either. VERY irritating

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Are you using the stock launcher? I've tried it on the stock motoblur launcher, I was unable to reproduce the issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App