Any one else notice Droid is no longer on the Verizon Homepage?

actrack03

Reaction score
Not sure of the significance of this but I was just on VerizonWireless.com and usually one of the flash ads at the top is for the Droid. Not anymore. I would have thought that this would remain a flagship device at least until the N1 hit Verizon if not even longer.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that not having it on the homepage no longer makes it a flagship device. Is there a better featured Android device currently on Verizon?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sigh....this is how bad rumors get started. I don't think it means anything, I think they changed their home page. They do this frequently.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No there's not a better featured device....

But the Droid old news now.... :(

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine definitely is not to me......I mean with the market and the media

I LOVE my Droid in every way and would not have another phone....

OP
actrack03

actrack03

Reaction score
Sigh....this is how bad rumors get started. I don't think it means anything, I think they changed their home page. They do this frequently.

Wasn't starting a rumor which is why I started with "I'm not sure of the significance of this" I come to this forum to get information not put down because I noticed something that I didn't understand and brought it here to see other peoples opinions if there were any significance to it or not.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The marketing dollars spent on ads/billboards/commercials is what brings them new customers. Not front page visibility.

They need to get OTHER product some visibility since the ads/billboards/commercials cover their flagship.

You'll notice as well all the ads on the net dedicated to the Droid. People click through to find the Droid not a Blackberry or LG etc etc.....

rda990

Reaction score
For some reason I decided to go check AT&T's site and they still have the iDon't 3GS on the home page,but its on the 3rd slide.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know about others, but using Firefox on my desktop system I frequently wait and wait and wait and wait for the VZW website to link to another web page. A click has now been "loading" for five minutes.

If I chose my phone on the basis of the competence and usability of the carrier's website, I certainly wouldn't be a Verizon customer.

Daywalker

Reaction score
I just went to page giant DROID on it when I log in :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wasn't starting a rumor which is why I started with "I'm not sure of the significance of this" I come to this forum to get information not put down because I noticed something that I didn't understand and brought it here to see other peoples opinions if there were any significance to it or not.

You didn't mean to start a rumor, but this is exactly what gets the ball rolling in that direction. And my response was in no way meant to put you down, I'm expressing what I think is going to happen as a result of the post.

M

Matth3w

People are going to be like "omgwtf no more Droid on the homepage they must be discontinuing it!!!"

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lord.........my Droid being old news comment was like mostly sarcasm....gawd