ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all of them , and if they are you can always sell them internationally .
Well, the only flaw with that idea, specially the Droid is it's CMDA. My understanding that's used primarily only in the U.S. and a couple of other countries.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I just made an insurance claim because My droid was stolen @ a pizzeria (sucked the most because i lost all my data :( ). I was given a refurbished Moto Droid first and when i called and complained they shipped me a Brand New Droid the next day. So they definitely still have Droids to ship out. I was actually kind of surprised because i keep seeing blogs about them being out of stock.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Should have titled this post "Is it worth committing insurance fraud right now, or will I just get a Droid 1 for my Droid 1". Isn't that really the question at hand here? If your phone was truly needing to be replaced it wouldn't matter, would it?

Hello Mr. Insurance agent. Not everyone is here to defraud. Maybe they just want the same phone or car they took out an insurance policy on.

It's thoroughly unrealistic to expect to always be able to expect to get the same thing you insured. Are the insurance companies supposed to keep a warehouse of the phones specifically for the customers? Nope. Not going to happen. Doesn't work with cars that way or anything else in regards to insurance.

If you pay for insurance you should at least get a droid 1 or better. If your house burns to the ground would you be happy if they built you a smaller house?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hello Mr. Insurance agent. Not everyone is here to defraud. Maybe they just want the same phone or car they took out an insurance policy on.

It's thoroughly unrealistic to expect to always be able to expect to get the same thing you insured. Are the insurance companies supposed to keep a warehouse of the phones specifically for the customers? Nope. Not going to happen. Doesn't work with cars that way or anything else in regards to insurance.

If you pay for insurance you should at least get a droid 1 or better. If your house burns to the ground would you be happy if they built you a smaller house?

Most definitely agreed. You should receive at a replacement that is the same thing if not equal or better in quality. Otherwise, what is the purpose of insurance? You don't insure things to get worse replacements later.

If you have, say, a 2006 Pontiac Grand Am, would you settle with a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am? Don't think so; that's not what you pay for insurance for. So, it better be realistic to expect to get the same thing you insured, if not better.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I made a claim recently too because my earpiece speaker went out after I dropped my D1. They sent me a refurb D1 with a stuck pixel, I called and complained and they sent me another refurb D1 but it looks to be in good shape so I kept it (I didn't know they had any brand new D1's at this point apparently I should have kept complaining lol). I guess once they realized people weren't taking the Devour or Eris and were demanding D2's, DInc's, and DX's for their broken D1's they suddenly got a lot more D1's in stock. Funny how that works. They tried to talk me into an Eris or Devour saying the D1 was on backorder but I said I'd rather wait for a D1 and it shipped the next day, backorder my @$$ lol. They just want to give you whatever is cheapest for them.

Reaction score
I made a claim recently too because my earpiece speaker went out after I dropped my D1. They sent me a refurb D1 with a stuck pixel, I called and complained and they sent me another refurb D1 but it looks to be in good shape so I kept it (I didn't know they had any brand new D1's at this point apparently I should have kept complaining lol). I guess once they realized people weren't taking the Devour or Eris and were demanding D2's, DInc's, and DX's for their broken D1's they suddenly got a lot more D1's in stock. Funny how that works. They tried to talk me into an Eris or Devour saying the D1 was on backorder but I said I'd rather wait for a D1 and it shipped the next day, backorder my @$$ lol. They just want to give you whatever is cheapest for them.

I don't like to hear this. I'm also paying for a piece of mind that I won't be screwed. Granted, I know enough with the help of you guys, but seriously? Monthly payments plus a deductible to be talked into a lesser/cheaper phone? Sounds like a scam to me. I'm sorry for the less knowledgeable, honestly.

Discover

Reaction score
Should have titled this post "Is it worth committing insurance fraud right now, or will I just get a Droid 1 for my Droid 1". Isn't that really the question at hand here? If your phone was truly needing to be replaced it wouldn't matter, would it?

The problem here is I was told that I would get my phone or better with premium insurance which is why I'm paying an extra 8 bucks a month I had my droid for a year and a half so do the math. 8 bucks x 18 months x 89 dollars to replace the phone? That's more then a new contract phone. So yea I want my phone or better not two of the worst cheapest smart phones.

Its also amazing to me that you just come in here and assume we are all liars and thieves. I would expect that on the insurance side but not here.

orangepeel

Reaction score
If you have, say, a 2006 Pontiac Grand Am, would you settle with a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am? Don't think so; that's not what you pay for insurance for. So, it better be realistic to expect to get the same thing you insured, if not better.

You may not get a 1996 Grand Am,but they will give you the book value of a 1996 Grand Am....which isn't going to be much.

Same goes for a house. If your house burns and you're insured for 150,000,more than likely the 150,000 house is going to be much smaller than the one that burned.

P.S. I'm not saying I agree with this,but it's just the way it is. Sucks IMO.

Last edited:

ndeer44

Reaction score
Droid and Asurion

Im thinking about filing a claim on my droid 1 and was wondering what asurion is currently replacing them with, as i am not going to pay 50$ for a worse phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. Please remember to search before starting a new thread.

PenguinStudio

Reaction score
I had to claim my droid phone from cause i dropped it in water and they sent my a refurb droid yesterday. As expected, there were problems. the slider was all stiff, the phone was laggy, and the letter "t" would not work on the keyboard.

Called and complained and they agreed to send me a droid 2. Hoping to receive it today.

jesdroid

Reaction score
I can't speak to what's happened to others but I had to get a replacement for my droid and they sent me the exact same phone. I put the claim through the website on Wednesday night (late) and had it Friday afternoon.

yorT

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but this was the first one I found. Just wondering if anyone's put a claim on there D1 recently and what phone were you sent? Seeing if they still have refub D1s out there. I'm assuming they do since Asurion requires you send in your old D1 if you still have it. Just want to make sure before I go making a claim on my phone.

Thanks