ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

iTzNiTeFoX

Reaction score
I have been dealing with assurion for about 2 weeks now. Everytime i call and try to order my phone they say its not in stock call back in 7 to 10 business days. And they also offered me a devour and im no downgrading from my droid i bought a droid to have a droid not to get it stolen and have to pay 90 bucks for a peice of crap phone.

Discover

Reaction score
I have been dealing with assurion for about 2 weeks now. Everytime i call and try to order my phone they say its not in stock call back in 7 to 10 business days. And they also offered me a devour and im no downgrading from my droid i bought a droid to have a droid not to get it stolen and have to pay 90 bucks for a peice of crap phone.

This is the same exact thing that happened to me. they want to give me a droid eris, or a droid devour.. i laughed at the guy on the phone, i said how are you goign to give me a devour for a phone that motorola describes as an entry level phone?

"we only have the eris and the devour to replace your phone.."

im not paying 89 bucks for a god damn eris or devour.

bottom line is if you are a verizon customer, and something happens to your phone it should be replaced by the same phone OR something a step up. its absolutely retarded to offer someone a devour when its not even close to a droid. when the droid2 on the other hand is almost the exact same phone...

when i purchased my insurance i was told that they would replace my phone with a brand new phone. OR give me the next model up. what a lie that turned out to be.

Reaction score
Looking for an update on Asurion

A few months back the news was that if you filed a claim for your D1 you'd be offered an Ally or a Devour. Then there were reports of an Incredible or a DX.

What's going on now?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Lately they've been offering droid eris or motorola devour. I recently filed a claim (which turned out to be a big mess), and they sent me a brand new droid 1 because they had them in stock. If I were you, I wouldn't hold your breath on getting a droid x as a replacement. I seriously doubt that would ever happen. Some people have said they received a droid incredible as their replacement, but that's the best I've heard, other than a replacement droid 1.

doubleojon

Reaction score
Do they tell you what you'll be receiving before they ship? Or is it a wait and see kind of thing?

tommyb38

Reaction score
Should have titled this post "Is it worth committing insurance fraud right now, or will I just get a Droid 1 for my Droid 1". Isn't that really the question at hand here? If your phone was truly needing to be replaced it wouldn't matter, would it?

Reaction score
Should have titled this post "Is it worth committing insurance fraud right now, or will I just get a Droid 1 for my Droid 1". Isn't that really the question at hand here? If your phone was truly needing to be replaced it wouldn't matter, would it?

Thanks for your two cents. No, this is not the case. I'd love to know that I could possibly look forward to an upgrade if something may happen to my phone, but I continue to take care of it.

Droids

Reaction score

Hello Mr. Insurance agent. Not everyone is here to defraud. Maybe they just want the same phone or car they took out an insurance policy on.

Reaction score
Do they tell you what you'll be receiving before they ship? Or is it a wait and see kind of thing?

I've only made claims over the phone(not with Verizon, and years ago), but I can only assume that there are no surprises. Over the phone they told me what I was getting.

Anyone confirm this?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Hello Mr. Insurance agent. Not everyone is here to defraud. Maybe they just want the same phone or car they took out an insurance policy on.

It's thoroughly unrealistic to expect to always be able to expect to get the same thing you insured. Are the insurance companies supposed to keep a warehouse of the phones specifically for the customers? Nope. Not going to happen. Doesn't work with cars that way or anything else in regards to insurance.

smokiedabong

Reaction score

Not everybody wants another phone , you know that you can get from insurance two new phones per year on one line and you can sell them on eBay or internationally , for example Storm 2 is CDMA and GSM and works with most of the networks . That's over 1000$ from one line .

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
That shouldn't work because the esn's are marked under your name. Once you break or lose your phone the phones become locked or you get charged the money for the phones once they are reactivated?