moto droid or htc incredible?

mrgoochio

Reaction score
well i dropped my droid in the toilet and to no surprise, its broken. asurion insurance replaced my droid with a refurb after paying the deductible but the refurb they sent me has a defective headphone jack. That being said, they'll send me another one.

Problem: moto droid is no longer being manufactured and have 0 in stock.
Their solution: wait until someone sends in their defective droid, have it remanufactured (refurb'd) and go through their "inspection" and ship it over to me. (assuming that customer decides on getting a "comparable phone")

My concerns: another refurb? well it could have another problem that doesn't get picked up by their inspection like the one i just got. the website originally asked me if i wanted to wait for backorder or get a droid eris but no way i would take an eris so i waited and got the defective headphone droid. This time i called in and talked to a rep which offered me a backorder wait for a refurb droid (which could take weeks according to him), a htc desire, a moto desire (dont know anything about this phone, didn't catch my eye), OR an htc incredible (cool! only phone i considered out of the three).

My question: would u guys wait for a refurb droid or get a new HTC incredible? unfortunately the HTC incredible is also on backorder, but will at least be a brand new one once they're in.

If i get the HTC incredible, i'll have a <1month old otterbox case for droid for sale.

I know this is predominately a moto droid forum, but i still want to know what you guys think. I haven't looked into any incredible hacks/root or anything.. I'll be looking into that also, anything major I should know about? (app support, flash 10.1?, hacks, custom roms, etc.?)

edit: i forgot TETHERING! I could tether via usb or wifi with my droid, will I lose that with the incredible? I was also rooted on bb 0.4