OG Droid just died, prevent me from getting an iphone

warnette

Reaction score
Even though ive been due an upgrade for months ive been holding out for a flagship android device to be released from Verizon that doesn't have some sort of major caveat or shortcoming. The Galaxy Nexus was supposed to be that phone however since i need a replacement now that's not really an option. The current stock of VZW phones either have significant drawbacks or are phones i would be very unhappy being stuck with for two years. Through this tragic turn of events that iphone 4s has become a viable option.
*Is anyone aware of something with verizon wireless that i can use to hold me over until something decent is released? For example, test a bionic for 14 days and hopefully something better will be released by then.

Thanks

sk8ingdroid

Reaction score
Actually the bionic a really good fone what "drawbacks"does it have that u dont like thay might be misconceptions

Edit: im like you i had og droid and went to bionic and im in love Shift3r rom it is too good has different interfaces tjay should suit every kind of android person
And i warn you not to go to iphone you will regret it for 2 years straight from the day u get it
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love the way people are writing the Bionic off as a total failure without having ever tried one. It's actually getting a bit tiring, the Bionic is NOT a bad device in any way.

OP
warnette

warnette

Reaction score
Actually the bionic a really good fone what "drawbacks"does it have that u dont like thay might be misconceptions

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
My issue is that however minuscule the drawbacks and bugs it has they will become unbearably glaring once Motorola releases its successor in a week, barely a month from its initial release only to be followed by the rezound and nexus.

OP
warnette

warnette

Reaction score
I love the way people are writing the Bionic off as a total failure without having ever tried one. It's actually getting a bit tiring, the Bionic is NOT a bad device in any way.
Perhaps this is a for a reason?

OP
warnette

warnette

Reaction score
You should get a phone and return it once the nexus is launched

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
This is along the lines of what i was thinking, can someone elaborate on this process or point me in the direction of something that explains this.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
get whatever phone you think fits you. No one should have to convince you not to buy the iPhone. If you think that is the phone you want, get it and try it out, if it's not for you that's what the 14 day return policy is for.

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
Basically whenever you buy a phone you have 14 days to return it........So if you buy it today and the g-nex comes out the 17th you should be fine.......If it gets pushed back you are screwed......Either you return the one you bought and wait without a phone........or you get the razor or rezound.

This is along the lines of what i was thinking, can someone elaborate on this process or point me in the direction of something that explains this.

OP
warnette

warnette

Reaction score
Basically whenever you buy a phone you have 14 days to return it........So if you buy it today and the g-nex comes out the 17th you should be fine.......If it gets pushed back you are screwed......Either you return the one you bought and wait without a phone........or you get the razor or rezound.
Is there any sort of depreciation value when you return it given any minor cosmetic blemishes that might happen on a device that is carried with you 24/7?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there any sort of depreciation value when you return it given any minor cosmetic blemishes that might happen on a device that is carried with you 24/7?

Yes, the phone can no longer be sold as new.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

bullswife98

Reaction score
Warnette, I currently own a Droid1 and had recently spoke to an acquaintance of mine who owns a iPhone 4 and she completely despises her iPhone, she has complained to me that the UI is very hard to use when she places or makes a phone call,you know how our screen has a sensor and dims during the call,well it doesn't on an iPhone. It stays on and therefore opens random apps,hangs up during the call and she has to use the speaker to talk to the caller. Which she says is very embarrassing. She doesn't have a Bluetooth doesn't use it that much to warrent buying one. But do research through people that have one before you buy to see if it fits your life style. It wouldn't be the phone for me, not to mention all apps cost you at the iphone store. Android market offers paid apps and decent free apps. You could try it out and return it if you don't like it. Its your personal preference really. Just my 2¢ :)

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

Last edited:

huskyhavok

Reaction score
Warnette, I currently own a Droid1 and had recently spoke to an acquaintance of mine who owns a iPhone 4 and she completely despises her iPhone, she has complained to me that the UI is very hard to use when she places or makes a phone call,you know how our screen has a sensor and dims during the call,well it doesn't on an iPhone. It stays on and therefore opens random apps,hangs up during the call and she has to use the speaker to talk to the caller. Which she says is very embarrassing. She doesn't have a Bluetooth doesn't use it that much to warrent buying one. But do research through people that have one before you buy to see if it fits your life style. It wouldn't be the phone for me, not to mention all apps cost you at the iphone store. Android market offers paid apps and decent free apps. You could try it out and return it if you don't like it. Its your personal preference really. Just my 2¢ :)

the iphone isn't a bad phone. my girlfriend has one and well you're completely wrong. if her phone doesn't dim tell her to go to settings and choose that option. as far as i know my girlfriend has had 3 iphones (3s 4 and 4s) and they all dim when making a call. i actually just had her call me now and show me. i can even post a video if you want from my droid of it calling and turning dim. There are free apps on the iphone as well just as there are ones on the droid. there are also apps you have to pay for just like android. You could also jailbreak your 4s when the jailbreak is available so you don't have to pay for any apps. one thing you'll be missing though is the gps because no gps app on the iphone can come even close to the google navigation when it's functioning! It's all different, I would just go to the store and play with it vs the other phones and see where it goes. one thing you won't regret is the battery life on the iphone. i'm quite jealous of it vs my charge. happy phone hunting!

Reaction score
fistpump, pushup, 4g!
i would of gotten bionic but power button to far for the way i hold all phones. im sure you will be fine with full refund on returning a phone with in 14 days. razr in 7, rezound and nexus shortly afterwards. hold out for atleast a week more or get the bionic.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If my OG would die tonight i would get a Bionic, return in in 10 days and get the RAZR, return that after a week and the Galaxy Nexus, if i find i like one of the phones prior to the Nexus better i would go back to it. For now my OG work so well i don't see a point doing all that.