Where to next? After OG Droid, Nexus doesn't really do it for me.

Droid3720

Reaction score
I am reading this on my bionic. I have thought a lot of things about it, but cheap and plasticy??? It is heavy and solid. Like holding a brick. I bet I could seriously hurt someone hitting them in the head with it. I have held the razor. It is light. More of a plastic feel...but solid. I have not dropped my bionic, but I am guessing it is tough. Getting the back off and battery out are hard. Go ahead and rip it for data drops, screen door look, crashes and bugs, but cheap and plasticy? Doesn't seem to fit.

Totally agree about the bionic feeling solid. I haven't messed with a nexus yet so I'm not sure about the build quality.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I am reading this on my bionic. I have thought a lot of things about it, but cheap and plasticy??? It is heavy and solid. Like holding a brick. I bet I could seriously hurt someone hitting them in the head with it. I have held the razor. It is light. More of a plastic feel...but solid. I have not dropped my bionic, but I am guessing it is tough. Getting the back off and battery out are hard. Go ahead and rip it for data drops, screen door look, crashes and bugs, but cheap and plasticy? Doesn't seem to fit.

The battery cover sucks. Though, to be fair I hate those kind of covers anyways. My brothers Incredible has the same kind and it creaks like no tomorrow. I miss the kind that was on the OG, and I wish moto would have had a more "solid" door.

OP
dparm

dparm

Reaction score
What really made the og so great for me and many others was the dev support that allowed us to get as much as we could out of it. The nexus is a brand new device with a brand new os. It is a dev phone though meaning it should have a good amount of support in roms. I bet once more roms come out this will be another great device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I liked that at too, but after a while I got bored with flashing ROMs and all that stuff. I found a lot of them to be unstable just for the promise of having some extra feature I may never use. I don't need a new phone with oodles of ROM support, I just want one that's stable and gives me the ability to go AOSP or at least to remove some of the stuff like Sense/Motoblur/Touchwiz (though truthfully Touchwiz isn't too bad).