ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

Misphit917

Reaction score
Wow.....last I heard the moto Droid was bring replace with the Droid x , but this could have changed only way to find out is to file a claim.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but this was the first one I found. Just wondering if anyone's put a claim on there D1 recently and what phone were you sent? Seeing if they still have refub D1s out there. I'm assuming they do since Asurion requires you send in your old D1 if you still have it. Just want to make sure before I go making a claim on my phone.

Thanks

My wife got a replacement droid 1 back in may, by July it wouldn't charge and now the power button is going out. My OG is running strong still after a year and a half

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

player52

Reaction score
Wow.....last I heard the moto Droid was bring replace with the Droid x , but this could have changed only way to find out is to file a claim.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
just put in a claim yesterday the website did not specify what phone they would be sending so itll be a surprise until it gets here. il let you guys know what it was.

dan j

Reaction score
I had to get mine replaced. The refurb has the same mp3 jack problem and does not have the Gorilla Glass that my original featured. My original lasted a year and a half with one tiny scratch. This glass scratches easily, I had two scratches on it within days. This will be a huge PITA if I need another refurb thanks to their new "scratches" policy.

Next time I'm going Square Trade. They can't be any worse.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to get mine replaced. The refurb has the same mp3 jack problem and does not have the Gorilla Glass that my original featured. My original lasted a year and a half with one tiny scratch. This glass scratches easily, I had two scratches on it within days. This will be a huge PITA if I need another refurb thanks to their new "scratches" policy.
Faulty reasoning. Gorilla Glass has never been unscratchable. It is certainly possible to scratch it. It's just scratch resistant (not the same thing).

Byakushiki

Reaction score

Next time I'm going Square Trade. They can't be any worse.
That's due to them manufacturing D1's after a certain time (Around Feb '10) with plastic screens. Don't know why they did that, but there are Droids with screens out there that aren't glass.

player52

Reaction score
That's due to them manufacturing D1's after a certain time (Around Feb '10) with plastic screens. Don't know why they did that, but there are Droids with screens out there that aren't glass.

problably cheaper and alot easier to fix than glass IMO

dan j

Reaction score
Whatever takeshi, believe what you will.

I'll believe that a company who, don't forget, has raised the replacement cost on us, would be willing to cut costs by using lesser equipment. Take a look at how many refurbs end up with junk earphone jacks, keyboards and sliders. That's also faulty logic, right takeshi? And, my 1 1/2 years of ownership of my D1 (including tons of trips to the beach) are also irrelevant - at least to your way of thinking.

I hate it when I look at the evidence :)