Android Vs iOS Vs WP7- P.S. Android Wins

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
wp7.png

Well guys, with Windows Phone 7 being released over in the land of many languages, PCWorld put together a little comparison for us. They took what seems to soon be the three biggest competitors in the mobile smartphone OS space and put them head to head in a serious comparison. When Microsoft said they had something great on their hands that can hold itself against all the other competition (which includes us), it was a bold statement, but from the image above it seems like WP7 is not the product they were talking about.

The comparison pretty much man handles the new OS before it makes it to American soil. The comparison also man handles iOS by showing all those nice features we have, but iPhone won’t have for some time (iPhone 5 might). Regardless, it’s always nice to know that Google has an upper hand on software before it is released months, sorry, years later.

What do you think about the software features Windows Phone 7 is missing, and how Android just happens to have it all? Comment and let us know.

Terradactyl

Reaction score
was anyone really surprised by the findings? :r_c: eh? NAH!
Droid Does World Domination!:blink:

carlossoliman

Reaction score
its clear than microsoft will update wp7 sometime to do all that things but we have years doing it. IOS dont support widget boooooooo hahahahahhaha

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea out the gate WP7 isnt looking all that great. MS went for looks over substance...

I mentioned this elsewhere, for MS to be in the mobile game as long as they have, 2 relative babies (Google and Apple) shouldnt be upstaging them at this stage in the game. Win Mo 6, 6.5 had more features than WP7. I dont understand that.

Why revamp the OS and remove useful features from the previous version? Yea some features like copy and paste will be available in an update next year.....but why not have it there now? It aint like this is MS first mobile OS....

Removable storage....u have to format the phone to change sd cards?? So if all I wanna do is load up some movies, pics, music I gotta format the phone....

I really do hope MS have a hit with WP7, cuz thats what I came from (I was ran to Android by Win Mo...lol) but its not looking good right now....

By going from XP to Vista and 7, they didnt take steps backwards like this....

AlexSB

Reaction score
I was surprised WM7 doesn't have copy and paste right off the bat but not surprised android came on top, im def a converted =)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I loved WinMo and I was hoping to get a WinMo 7 as my next phone , but now , seeing what they did to the system I would rather run WinMo 6.5 on the hardware of a WinMo 7 phone .

rcjames

Reaction score
I loved WinMo and I was hoping to get a WinMo 7 as my next phone , but now , seeing what they did to the system I would rather run WinMo 6.5 on the hardware of a WinMo 7 phone .

I dubt u can do that. I baught a window 7 computer and manufacture didn't even produce enough drivers for window xp. Theres no point. But linux and android is opensource so it just make life easier.

Krish

Reaction score
Win7 has a lot of catching up to do if they even think of competing lol. Yay android<3

rcjames

Reaction score
Win7 has a lot of catching up to do if they even think of competing lol. Yay android<3

No i don't think so you can find many software for window 7. Linux has to catch up on plugin and stop changing **** like now linux support alsa wtf. Winodw 7 can run window 95 programs to the latiest. Infact i can run dos. Window 7 is the best os you can run on a computer if you're into gaming and everything else (sux on security but better then other os they ever develop. I'm a opensource guy so i like linux but linux cant do gaming to well.

But i like linux, no need to worry about virus, trojans, malware, adware, spyware and such. Linux is not compatible wtih all window application. Linux is very secure and when you have a game running good god damn it flies. But mobile phone window mobile 7 and older is behind from codec and things you can do on winm7. Come on they skip copy and paste wtf? Android kick ass, and i hope to see google to put full horse for desktop/laptop. And tablet.

MotoDroid

Reaction score
WM7 = WTF, lol. This OS couldn't hold its own against an abacus and slide rule!dancedroid

wmnomore

Reaction score
I thought MS had twitter? Just not integrated enough?

This is interesting i guess, but this is the first release. Make this comparison in a year and it will be better. I have high hopes for WP7, but i doubt it will make me move from android. Although watching the review videos of the WP7 made me think of the android UI as a little dated. I hope we get some UI improvements similar to WP7 in gingerbread or honeycomb.