after the hype

jamjr74

Reaction score
I replied in this thread once already but after a little more time with the phone I'm starting to second guess it. I've noticed this phone drops 4g so much and doesn't seem to have the reception my resound had. It is becoming a real nucience. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this. Maybe I need to go to Verizon about this.

Sent from my S4

I'd see if u can get it swapped out for a new unit, mine has been great.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

bbtkd

Reaction score
HTC radios have always been better than Samsung radios.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I was concerned switching from a Moto Bionic to the S4 because Moto is known for their radios and I work at a rural location with marginal coverage. Before getting the S4, my son and I compared signals using Network Signal Info, and found that the S4 received a better signal in db than the Bionic. I understand that comparing signals between phones is not scientific, but comparing db is better than comparing bars. Now that I have an S4 I find that it has a stronger signal more places at work, thus running my battery down less. Where I would have had only 50% after a day at work with the Bionic, I typically have 60-70% with the S4.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was concerned switching from a Moto Bionic to the S4 because Moto is known for their radios and I work at a rural location with marginal coverage. Before getting the S4, my son and I compared signals using Network Signal Info, and found that the S4 received a better signal in db than the Bionic. I understand that comparing signals between phones is not scientific, but comparing db is better than comparing bars. Now that I have an S4 I find that it has a stronger signal more places at work, thus running my battery down less. Where I would have had only 50% after a day at work with the Bionic, I typically have 60-70% with the S4.
Traditionally speaking that is true, however; in the SGS4 Samsung opted to use the Qualcomm Snapdragon chip set. In the past they have used their own chip set. This is true even on the Note 2. They even have audio quality issues on the Note 2 that don't exist on the S4, as a result.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've only had mine since Wednesday and I think I've recharged it close to 20 times now since I can't seem to put it down :D

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I've only had mine since Wednesday and I think I've recharged it close to 20 times now since I can't seem to put it down :D

Yea I have spent a lot of time arranging and testing it to see what I can do.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yea I have spent a lot of time arranging and testing it to see what I can do.
I've just been doing everything on it that I normally do on my PC or Nexus 7 usually. The screen on this thing is insane:hail:

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Anyone know what the mic on the bottom left corner indicates? I get a samsung agreement before using.

ForumRunner_20130707_140052.png

ForumRunner_20130707_140052.png

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
S voice = crapola.. Lol

N2 Tap'd

Agreed.

Was messing around with s translate and the voice recognition is pretty terrible. If they didn't allow any typing in the app itself it would be pretty useless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta