Relax

Fresnodog

Reaction score
I am waiting to see if all the hype pans out! My OG Droid still working like a champ but I can't wait for the reviews I wondering do you guys think the bionic is going to live up to the hype?

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
OG just means original Droid, also known as the D1, Droid 1 or simply Droid

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

m2jpilot

Reaction score
thanks, I figured it was something stupid simple LOL Ready to get rid of mine later today. For the last month it's been nothing but trouble.

roach

Reaction score
I am waiting to see if all the hype pans out! My OG Droid still working like a champ but I can't wait for the reviews I wondering do you guys think the bionic is going to live up to the hype?

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums
=====================
it may be too late

yiannis

Reaction score
Aside from the people who can afford new phones often, those who seek to perpetually look for specs or those who may sell their phones on eBay for the next best thing, many simply want an once-every-two years futute-proof phone.

What will the bionic offer me that the D1 won't?

1) Front camera videoconferencing with LTE speeds to talk to family abroad.
2) Larger keyboard that doesn't frustrate me
3) Zumocast
4) Lack of need for daily hotbooting due to insufficient RAM.
5) Multitasking with GPS, live radio app, and browsing.

Are they worth the $240 I would pay in price and tax for the phone and HDMI cable? They are as worthy as much as the original D1 purchase was 22 months ago.

And I'm tired of waiting. 256 MB of RAM (in reality only 80 are available for applications) are wearing me out, despite the OC'ing.

318Droid

Reaction score
RELAX...RELAX.....REALLY... Can't RELAX...Im at work feeling like a crackhead thats been waitn for a year for a hit..I cant wait to look at my computer screens and see 8:45 AM...Im taking a break and going to get me a Bionic...OMG..I cant stop flinching..

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Absolutely.
LOVED my D1 when I had it but even my DX is a far more powerful device.
Played with the Bionics at a expo 2 weeks ago and it's silly how much faster it is than my DX.

Agreed ram heavy apps loaded way faster on my underclocked 800 mhz dx than on my overclocked (800,1gz,1.1ghz) d1... had my d1 since launch till about last month and got the dx last month... dx has been far faster w zero issues on roms... anywayyyy ordering the bionic now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

malicious_a

Reaction score
RELAX...RELAX.....REALLY... Can't RELAX...Im at work feeling like a crackhead thats been waitn for a year for a hit..I cant wait to look at my computer screens and see 8:45 AM...Im taking a break and going to get me a Bionic...OMG..I cant stop flinching..

Ahahahahahaha, same here. I have a darn meeting at 8:45, I'm hoping it doesn't take long. The closest verizon store is a 1/4 mile away.

318Droid

Reaction score
Ahahahahahaha, same here. I have a darn meeting at 8:45, I'm hoping it doesn't take long. The closest verizon store is a 1/4 mile away.

Yea I also have a meeting but I've told my manager that I have an appointment for 9 and will only be gone maybe 30 mins...Didnt say exactly where the appointment was but I do have one..lol..Cough (Verizon)..and my closest store is like 5 miles away..But this is a must have!

sk102704

Reaction score
OG = Original Gangsta...kiddies

Nice! Glad someone knows the true meaning of OG!

I am currently sitting outside of a Vzw to get mine and it looks like on the only nut who got here early to get it. Good for me!

As far as living up to the hype I think it will for some and not for others. This is going to be a great phone especially for those looking for a great day to day phone but those that base their opinion solely on specs will still cry that better things are coming. But that will always be the case. Just look at how many more advanced devices have come out since the OG Droid in less than 2 years. I believe I will be very happy with my Bionic and I hope that's the same for everyone else who gets it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums