After a month, I'm in love with the physical keyboard.

xandor

Reaction score
I find myself flip flopping depending on my mood, but I usually use the physical keyboard.

wil318466

Reaction score
I never thought I would be. Coming from an iphone I always told myself I would never use a physical keyboard again. Well, I've been using the keyboard and I just love it now. At first I didn't like it that much, but now (maybe it's my imagination) the keyboard buttons are easy to press and it feels like they are not so flat. I love it.

I've never understood how people can use those keyboards. I don't have big fingers, I just can't hit the buttons right.

I love the Droid, hate the keyboard. Still, its not a deal breaker, since the Droid rocks.

-Wil

D

dman91

I've had my Droid for about 10 days now and liked the physical keyboard ever since I got it. I expected it to suck when I bought it but surprisingly, I could type well on it. I find it extremely useful for playing Pokemon above all.:)

Dankinia

Reaction score
I would not have bought the Droid if it did not have the physical keyboard. It works great for me and I rarely use the virtual one.

hughesjr

Reaction score
The keyboard is flat, too flat. Yes, there is a very slight raise in the center of the key, but IMO not enough to help most distinguish one key to the next. If anyone can find a legit review that says the keyboard in a good addition Id like to see it.
Why do we need to show a reviewer who liked the keyboard? Almost no one likes it the first time they use it (since it is very unique and one must learn to use it) ... therefore it is quite worthless to look at someone doing a review of the keyboard if it is the first time they are using the Droid. They will think it sucks.

However, there are many people who like the keyboard (or at least tolerate it and use it on a regular basis) after they get use to it. You can easily see many people who like it here.

Why is it that because you don't like the keyboard, the people who do like the keyboard are somehow wrong?

Some people like the keyboard, some people don't. I am not sure how many like it compared to dislike it, but to suggest that because someone who reviews the Droid for an article on a website (but who may not use it everyday) should be the deciding factor of whether the keyboard good or bad is just plain silly, at least IMHO.

M

Matth3w

I would not have bought the Droid if it did not have the physical keyboard. It works great for me and I rarely use the virtual one.
I wouldn't say I rarely use the virtual because I have shapewriter, but any time I type something of any length I use the physical keyboard, and after awhile, I love it.

nbobinchak

Reaction score
Broken In

I've definitely adapted, as well. After using it, it seems bumpier, and my thumbs have gotten used to rocking back and forth between adjacent keys to type them, which is really quite fast!

It's also been better since I installed the HTC_IME keyboard so that I have predictive typing.

Basically, if I'm knocking out a text under 100 characters, I'll use the portrait software keyboard, but for anything else, I immediately go for the hardware one. Besides, I like the balance and feel of the phone better with the slider open.

billyidle

Reaction score
I would use Swype more if it wasn't such an extremely large file size. I just don't have the memory to waste on it.