who else dont use their physical keyboard anymore?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I first got my Droid I used the physical keyboard for everything then I got used to using the touch screeen keyboard and never went back. Should I just switch to the nexus?
Is that the only reason you selected the Droid? If so, yes.

Is Swype really that good?
As with any input method, that's a highly subjective matter. Try it out and decide for yourself.

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Rarely use the slide out. Most often it is when switching between ROMs. I actually like the voice to text. Works really nice for me.

li2327

Reaction score
I never use the virtual keyboard. I decided to try it to type this post. Not too bad. Would definitely take some getting use to.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Well, I am exactly the opposite of the OP. I started off using the soft keyboard almost exclusively because I hated the slide out. Now I almost exclusively use the slide out. I've gotten to where I am much faster on the slide out with fewer errors. My big hands make mistakes on the soft keyboard that no autocorrect can rectify!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I definitely use the virtual keyboard more now that I've gotten used to it and as lazy as it sounds, it takes more effort to slide out the keyboard. Regardless, when I'm chatting, having a long text conversation, or sending a bulky email, I almost always use the hardware keyboard. Doesn't matter how much or how little I use it, if you ask me, the phone wouldn't be complete without a hardware keyboard. Options baby. :)

Reaction score
i dont like the phsyical keyboard on my droid, the keys are too flat and i have fat fingers so its not that accurate for me, plus it takes me actually longer to type a msg using that keyboard as opposed to the virtual one (esp in landscape) to be the most efficient and responsive to my input. now if the phy keyboard had the raised keypads instead of the flat, then i'd def use it more often.

HarshReality

Reaction score
I don't use it ever. It's by far the worst physical keyboard I've ever tried to use,but I have very large fingers,so that is part of the problem.

I think I'm going to tape it shut so it can't slide out.....i kid,i kid.:)

I see it now.. new notification setting when keyboard opens it plays a backup alarm like a garbage truck OR better still.. a notification saying "Close that damn tray!"

Im going to rip the heavy guy from jurassic park..

" Uh Uh Uh You didnt say the magic word!"

Riddick

Reaction score
The keyboard is good as an OPTION for when you need it but the majority of the time I just use swype. Something like swype/slide-it/shapewriter should be standard on all touchscreen mobile phones. I use the keyboard for some games (emulators) and occasionally for typing but the rest of the time im swyping my keys....

Tegamal

Reaction score
The only time I use the physical keyboard is if I'm installing something to the Droid.
+1

I mainly got the droid because I felt I would need a real keyboard. But I decided to give the virtual keys a shot the night I got it & I never went back. My physical keyboard is actually still VERY stiff.

The only person that uses it is my wife when she needs to text for me while I'm driving, She likes what the Droid can do, but she can't use the touchscreen too well with her nails! :rofl3:

bdb312

Reaction score
the pys key was oneof the sellers to me but never use it eaither. Mainly in the begining because it is a little off center so my figers go to it weird. now i use the voice feature all the time and rarly type at all

kesnik

Reaction score
I could never function without the physical keyboard. I haven't tried SWYPE but after looking it up i am VERY interested.

The SWYPE website says the beta for android is closed...... is there a another way to try this app?

-Kesnik