Does anybody not use the physical keyboard?

NLaris

Reaction score
So my physical keyboard stopped workin yesterday, its spazzin out on me, so im being forced to use the on screen keyboard. but now i feel like the physical keyboard is just a waste of space. Does anybody else not use their physical keyboard for whatever reason? Knowing that other people arent using it eitherr would make me feel a bit better and not feel left out...

jtydroid

Reaction score
Many people don't use it.

In fact, there is a whole collection of folks looking for/buying cases that specifically block the use of the keyboard (preventing it from opening accidentally in a pocket, for example).

You're in good company.

toddegreene

Reaction score
There's a physical keyboard? OMG!(don't think I've used that expression before)
I only use it with my terminal app, because it's the only option.

rcfx

Reaction score
I never touch it except for nanroid backups and the terminal program stuff.

Sent from Droid via Tapatalk

sarreq

Reaction score
since I got swype, I've only opened my keyboard for rooting and modding

chuckz28

Reaction score
I have only used my physical keyboard for booting into recovery and I have had my Droid since launch day. I hate that it bumps open in my pocket but don't want to put a case on it. I just pretend it isn't there.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use my physical keyboard so little, I don't even know if all the keys work on it. The only time mine gets used is when I switch to a new ROM and I do a nandroid wipe I need to add my gmail address and password. Other than that, I know I can hold down the "x" to boot into recovery, or to rename a nandroid backup.

To the o.p. - if your keyboard stopped working, why don't you get it replaced under warranty? There won't be any charge since it would be a warranty issue, or is there a reason it no longer works?

FootballRef

Reaction score
I use my physical keyboard all the time. I actually use all 3 keyboards some, depending on what I am typing

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
since I got swype, I've only opened my keyboard for rooting and modding

Between Swype and the HTC keyboard I only ever use the physical keyboard in Recovery. I could easily do w/o it... In all honesty one of the reasons I bought the phone was because I wanted a physical keyboard buy Moto made it all buy unusable for people with large hands... it's nearly impossible to not hit multiple keys... leave it to Motorola:icon_evil:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I think I've used the keyboard 3 or 4 times since launch day. Other than holding X to get into recovery.

I wish they'd make a version without the keyboard, exact same otherwise but no keyboard.

pullmehome

Reaction score
I always use my physical keyboard i hate the touch one. i only use the touch keypads if im typing a super quick message

brando56894

Reaction score
Like everyone else I rarely ever use it for actual typing, I do use it a lot though via my game gripper when I'm playing roms. The only time I use it for actual typing is in the terminal (i bought better terminal emulator pro which provides a soft keyboard but it takes up half of the screen when open) or when the soft keyboard decides to bug out on me for some reason.

bmb0205

Reaction score
I can't believe people don't use it. I don't have small hands but I use it 99% of the time. I hate using the on-screen. Plus swype pisses me off when I'm using it with one hand, it enters the wrong word and I have to go fix it :mad: